JDX's First Grow Attempt

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by JDX, Nov 29, 2011.

1. They are still a bit damp so I still haven't watered them yet. I moved them a bit closer to the lights.

Mr. Bag Seed is on day 20.

LA Diva is on day 17.

Any advice at this point?

Attached Files:

2. awesome man keep doing what you're doing. Seems like you have a good feel for when to water so trust your intuition n keep blazin

3. I'm striving to become the Bud Whisperer!

4. Alls lookin good, now the fast growth starts.

5. #66 JDX, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    Question, is 69 degrees and 36 humidity ok when the lights are off?

6. 69 should be ok, an extra degree or two wouldnt hurt. Could you add another bulb for heat.

7. #68 JDX, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    It's 69 with the lights off and right now its 83 with the lights on.

Advice? The soil is still damp deep in the pot but the first few inches are dry. It seems like its not drying fast enough. Its been 12 days since last watered but they are looking good, definitely not thirsty as far as I can tell. I'll take pics once my battery is charged.

8. Pictures

Attached Files:

9. 69 is good.
    A 10 degree drop is average for night time.

10. Thanks man!

Ok, I'm in the midst of week 5 of veg, obviously. Should I start nutes next time I water? I'm going to wait a few more days before I do so.

Also, when is a good time to start training your plant? I think mine are still small yet, but what do I know! That's why I'm asking you guys!

11. I wouldn't worry about nutes yet...keep a close eye on the bottom set of leaves, that will tell you when to start with nutes.

I'd wait till she has another set of leaves before topping or training. If the soil is taking more then a few days to dry, I'd add another light or some more air flow...this will make for faster growth too.

She looks good...growth seems to be picking up now :)

12. I think I figured a way to add more lights, we'll see. Am I looking for discoloration/dying bottom leaves, when I'm looking to start nutes?

Thanks man, worries dashed for the time being!

13. yup... just some slight discoloration on the lowest leaves..if you keep a close eye you can start then and they'll be fine. I'd guess they'll still be ok for another week or 2.

14. There is rusty discoloration on its first set of leaves (don't know the term for those leaves) on the bag seed. Or do you mean the actual fan leaves?

15. yeh those just kinda naturally die off...cotyledons, water leaves, round leaves, seedling leaves, whatever ya wanna call em. relax everythings cool :D

16. haha thanks! :cool:

17. :wave:Tnx for the rep. I'll be watching.

Start training whenever, its easier to train before the stem turns to wood.

18. Like a fucking idiot, I broke my exhaust fan. As I was taking out La Diva's pot, the edge of it went into the fan, breaking all but to propellers. I have no spares around, man this sucks. At least the plant didn't get hurt.

I have the lid cracked open so it doesn't get too hot in there.

I definitely need to smoke a bowl after this...after this grow, I'm going to look for something with more room.

19. It happens man...learn as you go. At least that sort of thing only happens once...on one of my first harvests I picked up a plant and lifted it right into my exhaust fan....*BZZZ* shaved off the top few inches of bud...but I made sure it never happened again.