JDX's First Grow Attempt

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by JDX, Nov 29, 2011.

1. They are hanging from the ceiling inside the box.
    You have them Y adapter things handy, just hang that from the inside of the box, suspended on wire or something.

2. I think he means that wires coming out of a glowing box is a little suspicious, although I'm not sure exactly how the light wires are getting in now..

3. never mind, just saw the hole in the back of ur grow box jd. looks like it works well, I feel like you are good with the light u got right now.

4. Zip tie an extension cord to the inside of the rubbermaid lid, couple of splitters and theres more light.

5. I moved them a bit closer to the light yesterday, but there's a good four or five inches of room I have to work with. Should I get them even closer?

Honestly, I wasn't finished with the box but the tools I was borrowing, the battery pack died and I don't have anyone else to borrow from. I had to finish cutting most of the holes by hand with the saw bits! That's why it looks a bit messy.

Once I get some cash which may be awhile, I may go for something a bit bigger, perhaps some kind of cabinet. I'm not a handy person but I did enjoy working on that tote even though it didn't quite go as planned.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and help!

6. I just want to say the waiting period really sucks! It wouldn't be as bad if I could find quality medicine. I've been shamefully smoking dirt the last few times and I'm debating to buy some more since it still takes the edge off.

7. I hear that^ man, in the meantime just keep searching for that holy grail hookup. good luck

8. I keeping mine 1-2 at most, constantly adjusting them.

Take a cfl turned on, close your eyes and bring it in till it just touches your eybrows, notice how strong it is and with your eyes still closed start to bring the light away from you, Big difference in a couple of inches.

9. I did move them closer but I think I can move them some more. They just look too small to me at this point.

10. [quote name='JDX']I did move them closer but I think I can move them some more. They just look too small to me at this point.[/QUOTE]

Sry, disregard that, my stoned eyes forgot how small they are.

11. I guess what I was trying to say is, do you think it's the lack of light keeping them small?

12. Lack of light will make them strech like crazy.

13. Smaller and closer the nodes are= tighter buds

14. Yeah I for sure think it is the lack of light. Atleast turn on the other two across from them. But yeah add as many cfls you can in there. I went from 4 26w to 7 of them and I saw substantial growth increase much faster. What are you on about day 12 from seedling? And yeah Im using about all the same stuff as you, just soil and distilled water with 7 26w cfls in a cabinet and I had three plants about this size on Day 13.
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/397/img1281vo.jpg
    Id highly suggest atleast turning all 4 on, and then trying to cram some more in there any way you can.

15. 14 days for the bag seed and 12 for the La Diva auto. I have the 4 on now, maybe I'll buy more single bulb adapters instead of the 'Y' ones, fit 4 on each side.

16. Just went over the thread again and noticed there is no mention of how often you are watering them?
    I'm leaning towards overwatering. Let the soil dry out good real good so the roots can go in search for water, then lash them with straight water.

17. I watered them a bit more often when they were in the cups, so that may be the case. I last watered them on 12/1 when I transplanted them.

18. I added two more lights, 4 23w daylights and 2 soft, one is 30w and the other is 23w for 145w. I turned the exhaust fan on since there will be more heat. It's hovering around 86 degrees.

There seems to be some discoloration on Mr. Bag Seed's bottom leaves. I didn't notice it until I was editing the photos.

Hopefully the lights will have them growing a bit bigger.

Attached Files:

• La1.jpg
      La1.jpg
      File size:
      297.1 KB
      Views:
    • La2.jpg
      La2.jpg
      File size:
      230 KB
      Views:
    • La3.jpg
      La3.jpg
      File size:
      282.9 KB
      Views:
    • Mr1.jpg
      Mr1.jpg
      File size:
      288.8 KB
      Views:
    • Mr2.jpg
      Mr2.jpg
      File size:
      321.8 KB
      Views:
    • Mr3.jpg
      Mr3.jpg
      File size:
      357.7 KB
      Views:
    • Mr4.jpg
      Mr4.jpg
      File size:
      310.1 KB
      Views:
    • tote.jpg
      tote.jpg
      File size:
      299.8 KB
      Views:
    • tote2.jpg
      tote2.jpg
      File size:
      321.3 KB
      Views:
  19. Here is another shot of those spots on the bag seed.

Attached Files:

20. Those spots could be burning from droplets of water when feeding.
    The water acts like a magnifying glass and burns the plants.