Jazz

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by friendoftheend, May 26, 2007.

1. I was just wondering how everyone feels about jazz!

Feelings, thoughts,opinions, whateverrr!

2. I fuck with it. I enjoy some nice jazz music on the weekends while i drink coffee and eat some french bread with my parents.

3. Jazz is my passion in life. Playing it, listening to it, learning about it, thinking about it. Everyday.

4. I also like to consolidate it into fat so I can say that I EAT JAZZ. But yeah. Jazz is my thing. I go to school for jazz performance, and practice SOME form of it at least 2 hours every day, if not more. Lately I've been composing a lot, and sort of straying away from jazz. However, it's what I study and what I practice, so it will always be in my heart.

Jazz is a large genre of music, containing music that some people would never call and never have thought of as jazz. There are tiring amounts of subgenres, making Jazz a very loose (and also restricted!) term in contemporary music.

Here's a thread that I sorta call the Grasscity Jazz thread. Prettty much the most attention given to it on this site.

http://forum.grasscity.com/music-hall/128068-recommended-listening-uploaded-music-you-jazz-funk.html

5. Jazz is all I listen to, and all the Bosendorfer ever gets. I practice between 4 and 5 hours a day, and work as a pro. musician. Jazz is the most complex form of music around, and very few people can appreciate the very many levels within. It must at times be figured out...but never gets boring.

6. Man, talk about your jazz addict. I take it you're a piano player. What sort of stuff do you play?

7. Gotta love it.

Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Chet Baker, and Louis Armstrong are my personal favorites.

8. I sing in my school's Vocal Jazz group. 16 people, 4 people per part. We just got back from singing at Jazz at Lincoln Center about two weeks ago. it was badass.

9. glad to see we got a few more Jazz fans here then I thought. :hello:

10. Yeah i was surprised. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one..:D