Jazz fans -- Medeski, Martin and Wood

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by J Dylan, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Amazing band. If you haven't heard them, I highly recommend you get their album "Note Bleu: The Best of the Blue Note Years"

specific tracks that i recommend from the album would be all of them

No, but seriously,
    "Sugarcraft"
    "I Wanna Ride You"
    "Note Bleu"
    "Pappy Check"
    "Queen Bee' ----> Wood ROCKS OUT his guitar.
    "Hypnotized"
    "Whiney Bitches"

so yeah. 18 track album. I recommend (HIGHLY FUCKIN RECOMMEND) 7 of 18 tracks.

Damn good album. Not a single bad track on it... although a couple of the songs take a while to really get going.

But it's all worth it for the pure genius of the work of these guys.

If you're already a fan, sweet. If you're not, let me know what you think if you get the chance.

"Queen Bee" by Medeski, Martin and Wood

Just go through the serial number code thing and submit, and then wait 30 seconds, and you'll be listening to just one of the great songs off of this album.

2. They're great. They've done two albums with legendary Jazz Guitarist John Scofield, A Go Go and Outlouder, and are both great albums. I definitely recommend those albums, as well as any of their trio recordings.

3. Oh yeah man... Scofield is a fucking amazing addition to the group.

Little Walter Rides again :smoke:

4. They're an amazing band for sure.

5. Great song. I have a lead sheet for the song Boozer if you want it.

6. I sure as hell wouldnt mind it man :smoke:

7. One of my favorite groups. I've seen them so many fucking times. Go on etree.org and type in "Tarrytown" and download that show. So fucking amazing. I was there, and they played an ALL ACOUSTIC SET. Billy is the MAN, he's got those riddims down.

Here's a live song from 12/23/94 @ the Cooler in NYC:

http://media.putfile.com/MMW-Bass-Solo--Friday-Afternoon-In-The-Universe

8. Idk man...after seeing MSMW, I wasn't really a fan. They don't branch out as much with Sco. I would reccomend listening to Trio Beyond. It's a Tony Williams Lifetime tribute group with Sco on guitar, Jack DeJohnette on drums and Larry Goldings on organ. Some SERIOUS fusion going on.

9. Also, check out the cd "Farmer's Reserve". It was recorded at MMW's shack in Hawaii, and is all acoustic. It is all free, and gets very intense at times. Illy B busts out the crazy percussion like usual, Chris is making some scary sounds on the bass, and John is going nuts on his prepared piano.

I'm really sorry for posting three times in a row, but I'm a HUGE MMW fan. Sorry again.

10. ah yes. MMW are sweet as hell

i love 'where's sly' and their cover of 'hey joe' the most i think.

11. They played Where's Sly when I saw that acoustic show. That was the only recognizable song they played the whole night, and it was a great choice.

12. Hey, it's no problem. I used to have a chart for the tune Hottentot, but I don't think it survived my last move sadly. Maybe it's time to write out some more of these killer songs.

13. Back at school, we used to jam on a bunch of songs from A Go Go, esp. the title song, Green Tea, and Hottentot. We would play at parties and shit, people loved it! Sometimes, some people would know the original songs and thank us afterwards for playing them instead of "Mercy Mercy Mercy" or "Chameleon", haha.

14. Oh God, who hasn't suffered through 45 minute Chameleon jams that refuse to end...