Jay-Z - Off That feat Drake(Blueprint 3)

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Santa, Aug 25, 2009.

1. yea i heard this yesterday. shit sucks imo i dont like the beat

2. shits straight im still on DOA tho shit goes way harder and the trumpets on it are crazy

3. i heard it yesterday too lol i think i even posted it on here..but its pretty whack. drake was nice on the hook. 4 songs out of blueprint 3 and only 1 is rele hot. cept kanye killed his verse on run this town

4. #5 ReD_LiNe, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    Jay fell off, can't wait to see it when Blueprint 3 comes out and flops.

Does anyone know if NAS was ever on the album or if Jay just took him off because yet another dude killed him on his own shit?

5. nah nas aint on it. the tracklist and cover's been released already.
    it features cudi, kanye, rihanna, drake, jeezy, alicia keys, swizz beats, mr. hudson, pharrell and a couple more non rappers

6. Yeah...this shit may end up bein garbage.

either way, i've been bumpin mad nas shit lately. I think dude was better than Jay back in the day before he fell of a bit. He's still cold lyrically. just not as.

7. eh its rele hard to be lyrical as fuck for over 15 years lmao. he had to sell his soul a lil at some point.

yeah, there was never a question in my mind who was better in that beef, nasty nas.

8. Alright, because I saw one tracklist that showed NAS on it. Wasn't sure if it was real or not.

9. #10 tyrone biggums, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    this is why i have no respect for jay z. this dude is supposed to be a veteran and hes over here rappin with drakes goofy ass..?

hes gonna regret that shit in a few years.

edit nas would not be on a track with drake.

point me to a drake and nas track so i can lose respect for nas too.

nas is dope as fuck though. i fux with some illmatic.

10. i know u hate drizzy but face it, everyone wants him on his shit. and its not just wayne and jamie foxx. this upcoming year, from wat i heard, hes gunna have so many crazy collabos and unexpected shit to hype his album comin out in february

u wanna hear somethin crazy i just heard? apparently on friday a track is gunna be droppin with EMINEM, KANYE, DRAKE, AND LIL WAYNE, i smell bullshit, but could u imagine that?

11. drake's hook doesn't really move me, but to deny the lyrical ability of jay on that track is wrong! how can you lose respect because drake is on the hook? lol wtf..

12. This is terrible

13. drake just did the video for forever and one for money to blow. hes done like 6 videos now in 3 months thats fuckin rediculous and unheard of. a lot of people hate, but u gotta give him props cuz his success is from the ground up, he did it basically all alone (wayne played a part, but not that big, i look at it as what 50 did for game, dre did for em etc etc etc etc)

and hes a fuckin hit machine.

every girl, best i ever had, successful, throw it in the bag remix, i'm goin in, say whats real, forever, off that, the one, digital girl, the winner and soon to be money to blow and prolly a song called fear off the re-release of his so far gone mixtape/cd in stores next tuesday (SAME DAY AS CUTTERR) all are in radio rotation..11 songs either his own, or featuring him. that seriously is un fucking heard of.

14. That's because hip hop used to be a lot harder to become a success at. Nowadays you can easily gain popularity and be sub par. So...hits don't mean shit to me as far as grading a rapper...not in this day and age.

15. hip hop used to become harder to gain success cuz nobody wanted ne1 else to shine...but to gain popularity and be sub par, people see thru that. drake is a true talent man, and im a fan of all different rap man from everybody from like wu tang nas cannibus to drake cudi wale etc etc. basically, u need to respect drake's hustle.

16. People like us may see through it...but the majority of the people buying the cds don't. There is a reason why Soulja Boy made it. We are talking about a genre that is practically dominated by subpar lyricists...this is a genre that is based on lyrics man. There's no denying that.

So yea, has he been involved in a lot of material? Sure...so thats credible. But as far as him making mainstream hits...that means nothing to me.

You agreed that Rae's album was good man...but you don't really think any of those tracks are going to be on the radio right? I mean...you know they won't be general mainstream hits...in fact, not one track on that cd except MAYBE new wu has a single vibe to it. But isn't it safe to say Raekwon shits on Drake? Despite the fact that Raekwons new album won't receive the kind of mainstream success and radio rotation as these other "hit machines". So yea...like I said..being on radio rotation and making hits, to be honest, IMO, is more an indication that a dude sucks rather than hes nice.

17. I think drake sucks..:bolt:

18. Word, songs wack. A Star is born is better imo.

And drake is respectable. His lyrics game is crazy straight up.

19. well like i said im a huge drake fan, but ill be the first person to tell someone that hes not like the hip hop messiah or nething. hes got a lot of different styles and utilizes a lot of different flows. see the thing why its ok, its cuz thats his style. its not like he was comin out thug a motherfucker then doin autotune laced songs. hes always been the same way, and his hits arent lil soulja boy hits either. any drake song on the radio is better than any soulja boy, gucci mane, oj da juice single. hes not getting all the props for nothing from various artists. and every song he makes isnt for the bitches either. hes got some rele deep shit, like say whats real, successfull, fear, etc etc etc

but um yeah

rae>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>drake