Jay-Z - American Gangsta

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ondrugz, Sep 21, 2007.

1. i just read Jigga is dropping a new album in November :hello:

Hovember is near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">On November 6, Roc-A-Fella Records and JAY-Z will release the new album AMERICAN GANGSTER. Separate from the official motion picture soundtrack, this collection of all-new original material is a musical journey and lyrical interpretation of snapshots from the upcoming motion picture American Gangster, which pairs Oscar(R) winners Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. Based on the true story of criminal mastermind Frank Lucas, who came up from the streets of New York in the '70s, the film is produced by Academy Award(R)-winning producer Brian Grazer and directed and produced by Ridley Scott. It opens on November 2.

The conceptual, full body of work from the new album balances the line between pure entertainment and real life. JAY-Z draws upon past experiences, speaking to the harsh reality of the drug trade still taking place in our nation's cities. While not glorifying the Frank Lucas story, JAY-Z articulates the lure of a gangster's life and stands as an example of one who chose to leave those streets behind to go on and become one of the most successful entrepreneurs of our time.

Throughout AMERICAN GANGSTER, JAY-Z brings the audience into a world rich in familial relationships, hustling and the lasting effects of drugs on a community. Through its musical tone, the album complements the story as told in the major motion picture release. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. heres a unpolished clip of of blue magic http://www.zshare.net/download/37620611854b04/

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"Please don't compare me to other rappers/ Compare me to trappers/ I'm more Frank Lucas than Ludacris/ And Lude is my dude, I ain't trying to dis/ Just like Frank Lucas is cool/ But I ain't tryin' to snitch/ I'mma follow the rules, no matter how much time I'mma get/ I'mma live and die with the decisions that I'mma pick." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"So what if you flip a couple of words I can triple that in birds/open your mind you see the circus in the sky/im ringlin bros barnun and bailey with the pies/no matter how you slice it I'm your muthafuckin guy"

3. Yeah I was most impressed with the black album. Actually the 'grey album' is better and is mixed br DJ Danger Mouse. He took the black album from jay-z and mixed it with the white album from the beatles. Awesome fucking work if you ever get a chance to hear it.

4. yea "Reasonable Doubt", "The Blueprint" and "The Black Album" are his classic's

and yea the gray album was epic

5. gray album was great, but the remix dj kno did is the best remix ive heard