Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

jaw clenching when asleep?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dubweiser, Aug 4, 2011.

1. your jaw should be fine. Just relax if you catch yourself clenching and don't intentionally crack your jaw like you'd crack your knuckles. Mine got this way after constant popping and clicking and crunching for 7 years. My situation isn't the norm

2. I also clench my jaw really tight. My advice is to go to a dentist , if its bad enough youll just have to wear a mouth guard , which is no big deal

3. guys i just came up with an idea. what if i just plugged my nose so i was forced to breathe through my mouth? the only side affect i could possibly think of is dry mouth lol.

4. I don't recommend that one. I did that while I was sick and when i woke up my throat and mouth was so dry it hurt for two days. I'd recommend getting a mouth guard. I used to use my mouth guard from karate and it worked pretty well. You can use hot water to make it pliable and form it to your mouth so it's fairly comfortable.

If all else fails, you can always get a clean sock and stop it mafia style:smoke:

5. Sleeping on your back probably will help, but a mouth guard would work best.

6. Ive just recently had to get a night guard to sleep with because I clinch and grind my teeth so bad while sleeping.

Im usually medicated on 8-10 grams of cannabis by bed time to so the doctor said it was probably related.