Jars for curing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cloudsofganja, Jul 14, 2017.

1. so first off I'm having a shit time trying to find opaque mason jars locally?

Secondly, in your opinion, should I use some huge mason jars? like 32 or more ounces? or something standard like 16 ounces? What's everyone's preference and why?

2. I use any jar as long as it has a lid and is made of glass. Mine are clear glass and i keep them in a cupboard for darkness.

I try not to do more thsn an oz a jar.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm a big fan of using c-vault containers because of the fact that they are opaque, lock the smell in very well, and they have the holder for a humidipack, but I wouldn't pay full retail price for them -they're overpriced.

When I've used mason jars in the past, I've gone for the 32 ounce ones that are transparent, and I just store them in a box or in a cupboard. M9Prime's point about not more than an ounce per container is good. You don't want to pack bud in them because you want the bud to breathe, and I've found that the larger jars help use space more efficiently.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys :weed:
    I might have to look into those c-vault containers some day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1 quart mason jars - get them at the supermarket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You local wal mart has them a case of 12 is about 16 bucks Here in canadia

7. i got this case for 9$
    With the plant just for you guys lol

Attached Files:

8. I just really wanted opaque jars for some reason and wal mart has none.

9. Just tape the outside with 3m opaque tape haha

10. 24 ball quart jars 40$ prime shippeddont forget humidity packs

11. Ha that's pretty much what I'm doing. Just taping the outsides.

12. Do humidity packs help that much?

Like will I have enough of a problem with moisture to reallly want them?
    I don't see many people talk about them.

13. I've used them, but theres not much difference if you have a dark cool place.

Not needed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. everytime i finish a jar of pasta sauce i wash it out and toas it in the dishwasher. ive got about a dozen jars saved since moving in this march :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. You want boveda 62 rh packs the maintain the right humidity or remove humidity till it reaches 62%. Its harder for them to remove it in the first week of use. But aslong as your burping em twice a day they work wonders for long cure times

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I make my pasta sauce from scratch. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just used duct tape :smoking-banana: IMG_0262.PNG