Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Jar smell problems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Invisible Toker, Feb 24, 2010.

1. #1 Invisible Toker, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    I recently picked up a small jar of baby food so i could use it as a jar to store my bud in i got home and washed it out let it bathe in Isopropyl alcohol 91% on the lid there is still some orange from the food that wont come off its stained on a piece of the rubber on the cap and i know its making it smell like baby food is there anyway to fix this?
    [​IMG]

2. nope sorry man just get a nice smelling baby food jar next time ha. i forgot one of my jars had homeade apple sauce in it at one time so all my stuff smells like that dank apple kush haha

3. They sell stash jars that are roughly the same size as a baby jar, the company is called 420 Stash Jars. Check 'em out!

4. let it sit open for a few days and it shoud take care of most of it but you just gotta put some stanky dank in there :cool:

5. no dude what you need to do which has worked with me countless times. let it sit out in the sun for a good 5-8 hrs and the smell will b gone if not make sure its in good sunlight. make sure its open also.lol put the lid and the open jar outside

6. Yeah make that jar reek of dank :p

I had one jar that went through so many different danks and the smell of it was AMAZING. Everytime i'd look at it i'd just have to smell it. Im sure im not alone on that one lol but anyway then my mom throughout the jar :mad: But i got a new one now and restarting the process! Just got some blue cheese in there, unfortunately only a gram but that shit already reeked up my jar BAD! and it smells amazing :)

I'd take ^^^ his advise and just let it sit open and some odd days and see if that works.

7. 420 jars are WAY overpriced. Just go any grocery store or outlet or container store and buy a small mason jar(the type with the 2 part lid), just make sure to wash and dry it well. Food jars are not even close to the same.

8. lol ill tape it to my roof tomorrow morning and take a nap then grab it a few hours later and if that doesnt work ill just keep it open for a few days and put some stanky danky in it. I'm just afraid the smell of the baby food on this cap will over power the bud i get and then i'll have dank nasty smelling babyfood weed.

9. It shouldn't effect the smell but it will almost definitly affect the taste.

10. I went to publix and was unable to find small mason jars =[

11. Idk what the he'll public is, but if you try either The Container Store or maybe walmart/target/ grocery store/BJs, ect or even a hardware store or something you can find various glass jars and containers. You just have to look for a store in your area. If you can fine weed you can find glass jars.

12. im tellin u dude the sun gets rid of all smells id go deeper into it but i dont want to explain. the heat from the sun along with the rays kinda diffuses the particles inside the jar. if the only smell u have is in the cap then just put the cap outside but just to be safe do both cap and jar to get all that nasty babyfood shit smell outa there

13. Most grocery stores carry canning jars in pint and quart sizes. They're usually hard to find and are nestled somewhere by the foil and plastic wrap. Try the baking aisle. If nothing else, just ask.

I've also found some nice jars at the Dollar Tree. They had the flip tops last time I went.

14. Thanks i'll try it tomorrow under our warm Florida sun

15. what part? im in Tallahassee

16. Yup mason jars are the way to go. 100% smell containment and they come in all sorts of sizes. Plus they are cheap as hell.
    I've seen and bought them at target, wal mart, home depot(or lowes i forget which it was), craft supply stores, etc.