Jar Curing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ean, May 22, 2007.

1. So my buddy and i just harvested our crop and we are hanging the bigger buds in the closet from string but we were wondering what to do with the much smaller buds that are covered in trichomes.

I once heard of throwing those in a jar and keeping them in a cool dark place but opening the jar everyday for like an hr then putting it back into its cool dark place, does this actually work?

2. I dont know much bout the curing process but i think if there still wet and u put them in a jar mold still might occur even if u leave it open for an hour or so

3. u can dry them in a paper bag.Then it all should be jar cured for ~a month.:D

4. Curing is a worthwhile process as it brings out the full flavour and improves the quality of the smoke. Kinda similar to the way that wine is aged.

5. Or even better, use a brow paper bag. Grocery bags work well if you have a lot or sandwhich bags work for small amount.

6. Yep, those that cannot be hung can be put in a brown paper grocery bag to dry. Put the bag in a dry, cool, dark place. Stir gently every day or two. This is an acceptable method for drying in place of hanging for the larger bits as well.

Once all is dry, whether they were hung or bagged, they go into the jars for curing. Jars should be clean and airtight, seal 'em up, put in a cool dark place. Once a day gently tumble the jars then open them for 10-15 minutes, then re-seal. Repeat this for up to 30 days to remove harshness and improve the flavor and odor.

7. All buds should be cured, large or small, crystal covered or not.

Even when I buy bud, I only take 25% and put the rest in jars to cure more as most commercial growers are more concerned with $$ than a quality product.

I've got some Cotton Candy curing right now that is starting to smell a lot better than it did when I got it, and some no-name dank as well.

I was a little to anxious once with a grow, and started smoking once they were dry but I was still curing everything. Once I was about 1/2 done smoking it all, the weed was noticably better, and kept getting a little better until I finished it off.

Lesson - buy yourself a sack to last you while they cure, you will thank yourself.

8. Not only will cureing your bud makeing it taste much better and smell of that less wet freshly mowed grass smell (depending on your strain just generalizeing) but it greatly increases potencey, this is becuase there are many more chemicals in cannabis that im sure you are aware of, not just thc but tons more like dmm dwc, etc hundreds more... cureing gives the natural chemical time to break down those other chemicals and start converting to thc and other more known chemical names that also work in conjunction with thc to get us "high" which is why youll hear many people say cureing increases the potencey of your bud.

9. my buddy who grows gave me a nice bud trimmed from one of his plants, im not sure how long its been flowering but it smells pretty dank. my pops trimmed most the leaves off and put the bud in a brown paper bag, was wondering how long it should take for just 1 bud to dry up and then i was wondering about curing and if we should even do it for 1 bud. heres a cpl pics. it still has a green smell to it like fresh grass or any other plant like smell, so it def needs to dry, will curing help with that smell as well? also the leaves we cut off we rolled into a joint and it got me an buddy a nice high, im wondering if we should have just left the leaves on there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. bump. any advice on the whole curing 1 bud lol.

11. Same as if you had 1,000 buds. You can use a small jar or tupperware, for 1 bud don't use a big container, but basically you dry it and jar it just the same.

12. hahaha the funny thing is i did that today to this insaiiine 20 a g

13. Some like to put the smaller buds on a window type screen to dry in the same spot as their buds that are hanging.

14. Very well put. I always put some nice buds in a mason jar and I stick it in a dresser for a few days. It seems to add to it's pungent smell, and it taste and smokes amazing:smoke: