Japan just recorded its earliest cherry blossom bloom in 1,200 years.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Nex420, Apr 5, 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  1. that chart makes it look like it's been trending earlier and earlier since the 1800's

• Like Like x 1
  2. This one? It looks like it was somewhat stable with not too much fluctuation from when they have the data start. Then it slowly starts to tighten up and slope downward towards what the last 100 years? Hard to see it completely, maybe it’s just my phone view since I’m not on my computer. Anyway, interesting shit. I added a few other quotes I thought were interesting after the graph.

9A09A73A-9DEF-4023-94D8-9A6A89EEDC34.jpeg

There are two sources of increased heat, which is the main factor making the flowers bloom earlier: urbanization and climate change. With increased urbanization, cities tend to get warmer than the surrounding rural area, in what is called the heat island effect. But a bigger reason is climate change, which has caused rising temperatures across the region and the world

Tai added. "Agriculture now is more like a gamble, because climate change is randomizing the things happening in our ecological systems."

Amos Tai, assistant professor of earth science at the Chinese University of Hong Kong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The graph it shows me lists 200 year increments from 1000-2000

• Like Like x 1