James Franco Fake Stoner of the year

Discussion in 'General' started by themasochist, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Was anyone else pissed off by higtimes picking a guy who doesn't even smoke as the stoner of the year? That movie was not even that great too much violence for this stoner. I liked the first half but the second part gets all violent and shit.

2. Pinapple express was a great movie..but you could tell that dude was acting..he met to much of the stereotypes of a stoner and he probly doesn't even smoke

3. he for sure does not, this has been confirmed, yet high times named him stoner of the year.

4. I quit buying high times loooong ago. Use to collect them but that magazine really has went to pot (pun intended)

Better info and pictures on the internet.

5. Yes, I was upset when I heard this too. To me both James Franco and Seth Rogan did a horrible job acting like stoners in Pineapple express. The lingo they used was all wrong. I have, in real life, never met someone over the age of 50 who, when talking about smoke, referr to it as a doobie. Also the whole cross joint scene bothered me. A cross joint is nothing new, I would think true stoners would be talking about the newest vape or glass on glass bong, not a crappy cross joint being the "future of weed". Those guys were trying way too hard to act like todays stoners.... Just my opinion

6. i was confused as all hell when they chose him.
    i mean, they KNOW he isn't a real stoner, and they still chose him over his co-star seth rogan who is very much a well known stoner.

7. well i doubt those two wrote the script dude.
    they're actors saying the line's they're given

8. Uhm.. if you guys seen the show Freaks and Geeks.. the whole season he was portrayed as a burn out,

9. #9 Aud, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    soo.. he doesn't smoke?

lol you must be so blazed you forgot all knowledge of what your talking about!: anyways Seth Rogan wrote the film, so no one chose franco over rogan... and Rogan is the main character in the movie, so franco is the sidekick probably chose by rogan just because he can act like hes a burnt out stoner

10. There could have been someone better though. James Franco could be a stoner, but not high times stoner of the year.

11. haha wake and bakes sometimes leave me not thinking things all the way through, haha:eek:
    i didn't say franco was the star, i said co-star. obviously rogan is the main guy but franco IS his co-star.
    and yeah i did totally forget rogan wrote the film.

doesn't make any sense he was chosen over seth rogan. i'm not saying seth rogan should have won either really, but much more so than franco

12. oooh your talking about in the context of the high times judging, i thought you ment the movie, my bad!

anyways your right on that point, seth rogan would be a way better stoner of the year than that faker franco

13. Did they choose the character he played? cuz I could see that

14. a "cross joint" works much better for the comedy in the movie than a vaporizer would. Seth wrote the script, but was originally casted as Franco's character, and Franco as his character. They switched last minute.

a lot of people think franco does smoke, and he just plays it off that he doesn't because of his acting career/reputation he is trying to keep. I haven't been able to tell, but i did a lot of searchin around when this happened a while ago, and i remember finding a lot of clues that he probably does blaze. Pineapple was hilarious, imo. I haven't laughed so hard in a movie in a while, and it wasn't a typical no story-line stoner flick

15. Did you read the interview link I posted? Straight from his mouth he doesn't smoke.

16. I don't like Pineapple Express all that much, it doesn't really appeal to me. Mainly because I can watch the movie sober and still get the same out of it....Half Baked, Big Lebowski, Dazed and Confused, etc. are all classics for me that I can watch stoned and just like it more and feel like its made just for stoners (just like Bob Dylan's music) :smoke:.

Seth Rogan should have been named stoner of the year, he was a stoner in Knocked Up too and he actually smokes weed....

Oh yea and I thought Franco smoked because during MTV Movie Awards he shared a joint with Rogan, I am 99% sure it was fake but still lol.

17. I think it's all right if they chose the character that James played, but not James himself, you know?

18. [​IMG]

Only part of the movie I liked...

19. Why bump this?