Jamaican Seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rudeboy6366, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading around the site for a while now, so I figured it was time to pick some of your brains.

I recently took a very nice trip to Jamaica and managed to bring a few seeds back with me... I've managed to get four of the little guys to sprout now and I'm very curious to see how the turn out as I've only done clones before. So that being said my main question is what are the chances that maybe one of the four is actually female? Any tips on how to figure out quickly if they are male or not and how long do i have to get rid of them if they are, obviously i wouldn't wanna wait too long ( i have 5 more clones so the point of getting anything or not is mute)? That being said I would love to see at least one of these reach their full potential with the right care.

Thanks in advance everyone :)

2. hey rudeboy,

i hope you have better luck than i did

i too managed to bring back some seeds from Jamaica, i had about 15... 6 germed 3 lived and all were males.

you have about a six to seven week wait, for pre-flowering. or you could go 12/12 around week 3-4 to sex them quicker.

3. Hey p0tbelly,

That's terrible! I tried about 12 and had about 6 pop, and then four survived( Mind you i did have to pick them out of buds so they were exposed to my fingers a little as well) , Mine are all outdoors so changing the light cycle isn't much of an option for me, If it was necessary maybe but I prefer to keep it low key, I do have some cool neighbors but not to sure about the people behind us. I prolly have 25 seeds left, I didn't wanna germ too many and then have to kill some off, so hopefully they will last till next year, if not oh well. I dunno if its too late to start a few more just in case but my mom doesn't want me doing too many, 9 is pushing it for her lol as much as i would love to see this stuff reach full potential I'm still very worried they are male or Hermaphrodite and will ruin the other five(and possibly my neighbors crop)

4. hey rude,

you will probably have better luck outside than i did inside. if you live in any of the states i have have listed in my "location" tag, you will be fine planting some seeds this late in the season.

you will be able to tell the males before they produce pollen. hermies u will just have to keep your eyes open.

5. Awesome thanks for the advice, anyway to detect a hermie easier? Does it go like a male or have female characteristics as well? Also I'm located up in ontario so it's not quite as warm/our season is quite as long, although this year has been super hot, must've brought it back from Jamaica with me lol

6. You fuckhead :D