Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

JAMAICAN BRICK?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ronni97, Aug 31, 2017.

?

is this good shit?

1. Good shit

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Shit shit

3 vote(s)
    75.0%

1. img_6942-1.gif

2. [​IMG]

3. tumblr_naxib1Dq1t1rzwmxko1_500.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. If the weed was grown in Jamaica then it's more than likely been bricked for easier smuggling. You can't send loose buds. I have had a lot of Jamaican like that in my day, some incredibly black. It was called "black collie ganja". It did not look great by today's standards but it was superb. It commonly looks like this:

2502-bud-with-money.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. That's sorta similar to how mine looks I guess

• Like Like x 1

6. image%3A33494.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Think about why you would need to press it into bricks..
    1. You have a huge supply, which means a huge number of plants. The more plants you have the less time you put into caring for each, resulting in lower quality bud and a much higher chance of seeds from hermies or males that go unnoticed.
    2. Often times they are not dried or cured properly due to the same reasons as #1 + the time involved to properly cure.
    3. The main purpose of pressing them into bricks is to save space in order to illegally transport it, which involves poor temp/humidity conditions in most cases

Add all that together and you end up with poor quality brick..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Also mould, mildew, budrot, mites, insects, pesticides,rat piss, no flushing etc.

Gross.

You can't pay me to smoke that trash

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Snobs! You don't know what you're missing. You would have paid plenty just to have it in the 60's, '70's and '80's and I'd love to have some of that Jamaican brick today. Modern cannabis is boring. It was the only way in those days but it doesn't mean it was all crap. Landrace strains are the best. Ask your elders then sit back and learn. :ey:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

10. You're telling me you'd pick brick weed over this?
    IMG_20170826_130526.jpg
    That's some strawberry kush I had last weekend :smoke: I'd rather smoke frosty nugs then some shitty brick weed that hasn't had any care put into it while it was being grown:confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Compared to the potency of bud these days, yes it was crap, even without being bricked.

• Like Like x 2
  12. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I've had a 50 year history with cannabis and yes, I would take a good bricked or baled landrace Sativa over anything that I've smoked in modern times even with sticks, seeds and whatever. Sure, it wasn't as pretty as it is these days but the genetics were the originals and and they grew in the soil they were best suited for and they had character. Not much character to modern strains, just boredom. I can only speak my opinion from my wide ranging experience. I'm sorry that you haven't had the opportunities I have. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fair enough man my old mans in his 60s now he used to smoke years ago and he said he used to choose solid hash over weed back in the day, since you're a seasoned toker from the sounds of it how does this hash I got the other day compair to what you used to get years ago?

IMG_20170830_125211.jpg

14. Snobs? I've got health issues that could kill me off from smoking moldy bud. I'd rather be a snob than dead, you can keep your moldy buds mate and i'll stick to my A1 fire.:watching:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ahhhh the old argument from authority fallacy, can't beat it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. In my opinion the only good hash is black and from Nepal, Afganistan, Pakistan, India and maybe some red Lebanese if you'e lucky to catch some. I don't smoke the hash these days. The older days it really depended on where you were and not everybody was lucky enough to live where there was a lot of variety, college campus.

In early 1970 I had bought my first ounce of black Afgani hash and then was approached by someone else with a pound of Acapulco gold, bricked and I traded him that ounce, a little less, and a hundred bucks for that pound of Acapulco Gold. That just illustrates individual experiences will vary and it's those we base our later opinions on. For me it was great times and great pot. Now it's too friggin' expensive and boring.

I'm sure the hash you have is very good and I won't knock it. My tastes were developed in another time and nothing I've tasted matches that. I use hash/kief today in tinctures and edibles but I don't toke it. To each their own. egyptien6 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Just to illustrate that I'm not a know-it-all and learned from experience, here's what happened to that pound of Acapulco Gold afterwards. Boy howdy, was I dumb in those days! kickme (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

Laugh With Me Moment Post 160

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. FWIW @PsycedelicSam , I'm in 100% agreement with you on landrace strains.

Some of the best weed I ever smoked was landrace strains we got back in the 70's. Thai, Panama Red, Indian Kerala and Parvati as well as Oaxacan spears were the real deal as was Lamb's Bread and Jamaican Blue Mountain.

It's a shame that today's kids underestimate the true value of purebred strains and their history in the roots of cannabis breeding.

Anytime you are lucky enough to find some seed in a "brick" of Jamaican or even some Mexican, there are sure to be some "gems"genetically speaking.

Here's some Lamb's Bread grown by a member here named Smoove from seeds he brought back from Jamaica 6 or 7 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. No one is dissing the originals, what we're dissing is poorly grown poorly managed poorly looked after poorly cured (if at all) poorly trimmed bricked up fungus infested cartel garbage grown in sub-par soil and likely sprayed with pesticide and I highly doubt they even flushed it.

• Winner Winner x 1