Jamaica Vacation!!!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Hazieview, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Well I went to Jamaica with my family for about a week. It was very fun and interesting to see how another culture lives. The thing I loved the most was the things that they said. I took 1 shot at the bar and the bartender said, "One more? A bird can not fly with one wing!" I mean that is very true and catchy so I went ahead and slammed another one. Another thing that I loved was that instead of saying thank you they would always say, "God Bless" or "Respect"! I mean how many people do you hear say that, honestly? Once I asked the bartender for a green cigarette (which they give out for free) and when he gave it to me I said with a chuckle and a smile, "I need something else to smoke, not a cigarette." The bartender replied, " I can tell you where to get some good stuff. " he laughed and left it at that. Two days later the same bartender was working with another guy and the new guy approached me and when I asked him for a green cigarette he replied "I have something green but it is not a cigarette!" and smiled. Finally I got my break! He showed me 4 nice joints inside a small tin case. I said how much and he repied 5. I said ok and he set the jay on the bar next to my hand, I put the jay in my pocket, gave him the 5 and there ya go. I asked him what kind if was and he said it was "Durban" it was some pretty damn good shit I can tell you that. More of a heady high and hardly any body. I mean it did relax you but it didn't feel like and elephant was sitting on your chest like the shit I usually get. I have quit smoking for nearly a year now but I could not resist. How many people can actually say they smoked weed in sweet sweet Jamaica? I had to. Jamaica is a place for relaxation, reflection, peace, and beauty. Not a huge party spot but more of a place to go and chill out. I was worried about getting busted while smoking the jay so I asked the bartender what I should do he told me, "Chill in your room or walk down the beach and you'll be cool." We also talked of fine ass brazilian girl we seen during that week haha. I dont know it was just and experience I will never forget and I'm very blessed that I had the opportunity to experience something such as this.

The black is for the color of the people, the green is for the land, the yellow is for the Jamaican sun, and the red is for the blood of people because no matter what color you are if you are in Jamaica you will be treated as Jamaican. As the legen Bob Marley said, "One blood!"

So thanks for reading about my little adventure in life and remember!

God Bless! Respect!

2. It sounds like you walked away from the Jamaican experience much like I did. About 4 years ago I was blessed with visiting Jamaica, Ocho Rios to be exact. I still think about that place from time to time, the people there are so genuine and laid back, they even had a spiritual vibe to them.

3. Your absolutley right! To be honest I had a lot more "fun" in Mexico than I did in Jamaica but here is the difference between the two. Mexico is were a single guy, such as myself, goes to drown himself in alcohol, dancing, girls, etc. etc. party party party all the time! Jamaica is were I suggest going if you and your true love should go to just kick back, relax and simply enjoy your surroundings. From the people and the culture to the ocean and the land Jamaica is the spot for a vacation! Mexico is a spot to party! For some reason it seems like I could "click" more with Jamaicans, maybe it is because they speak better english :) !