Jamaica in Spring

Discussion in 'General' started by cripes0103, Feb 1, 2011.

1. #1 cripes0103, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about planning a trip to Jamaica over spring break and I was wondering if there's gonna be much bud around. It's my understanding that most bud grown in Jamaica is outdoor, which would mean that spring would possibly be the worst time to go if I was looking to experience some true Jamaican green. I'd love some input so I can figure out whether to wait until November/December to go or if I should go in mid March.

Signature removed, please look over the rules. Thanks. :smoking:
    -Agalloch

2. Has anyone been to Jamaica in March?

3. It is 80 degrees in Jamaica right now, don't worry if there is going to be herb in the spring.. :D

4. Thanks for the responses guys!

Royk - I really appreciate the link!

Judge - Thats what I like to hear! Are you from Jamaica?

P.S. - Sorry about the sig agalloch

5. First of all, there's bud everywhere, and its outrageously cheap, and they're probably still ripping you off. I went in late February, and the weather was great, except that it rained for a few hours most afternoons. It wasn't bad though, we'd chill on the beach for a few hours, it would rain, we'd smoke weed and eat jerk chicken, then go back out to the beach when the rain subsided.

If you're going to Negrill, I'd recomend the hidden paradise hotel. Its super cheap, and actually quite nice. Its not a resort, which I actually prefered because we got a better experience.

And a tip, don't accept when guys offer you a drag off their joint on the beach. They're trying to get money from you, and they'll badger your until you pay up. Just say no thanks, respect, and then ignore them.

6. Sounds like you had a pretty great trip, hopefully mine will go the same!

I think I'm going to try to go to Montego Bay, but I haven't completely made up my mind yet. Does anyone have any other destination suggestions?

Thanks for the tips Ugyatag, I'll definitely keep them in mind!

7. I wish, getting sick of this snow...

Any of the tourist areas going to have lots of stuff going on during spring break, designed for tourists. There are a lot of major "reggae festivals" that go on throughout the year, not always the best places for tourists, but for spring break they anticipate lots of college kids showing up and schedule lots of smaller venues accordingly.

Negril or mobay you should have plenty to keep you busy, and like some people said just be wary of scammers, the areas you will be in are designed for tourists and some people live off of tourists..