jam band fest

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by stoned_nate, Jul 25, 2005.

1. have any of you been to one, i did for like a hour because i snuck in with my friends but it was so awesome. everyone was getting high and drunk and now since it was pretty close to my house i know were i can get lots of different drugs for cheap, i got some hash but there was everything, widespread panic and trey anasto from phish was there. i am going to bonnaroo and this next year for sure i cant wait

2. if your going for drugs, dont go. there are enough people there already doing that. these people are the exact reason why the jam scene has such a bad reputation. plus, we dont need anymore people dying at these festivals. we are all there to party, but a lot of us are actually there to see some great fucking bands, and not just to get as fucked up as possible and score tons of cheap drugs.

3. no i really like the music the cheap bud and stuff is just a bonus

4. Tela i respect your rant, but are you a Narc or something? no bud at a jam consert? didn't Phish play on the simpsons in the legalize medical herb thing or something. Plus i understand the hard drugs but come on? Bud and hash? No one has every o.d on bud, and i'm pretty sure trey would have smoked a fatty before playing. and plus this is a forum for Pot lover, enthusist and growers, you dont have to be talking bad about it.

PS - The main problem with people getting out of hand at conserts is alchohol. i'm pretty sure the cops/security would rather abunch of people burnt out after, then some crazy fucking drunks wanting to go party more and that are being loud and obnoxious. I respect what your saying but just dont be so negative, look on both sides.

5. I love you and your respect of music, not trying to affend in any way :wave:, i'm real serious about the music i love too man. Peace ;)

6. i never said anything about no bad at these things. i said we are all there to party, but there are a lot of people that only go to party and get drugs (weed included). i was just saying that it sucks b/c the scene has such a bad reputation for drug use b/c of these people. again i have no problem with catchin a buzz at a show. another thing is, these people are buying tickets to this when that ticket could go to someone who really wants to be there for the music. the scene has gone to shit. just a few years ago, the abundant drugs at these things were bud, acid, and shrooms. now the drugs that you are offered the most are ecstasy and pharmies (prescription pills). ive even been offered heroin and crack on several occasions in the past couple of years at jam shows. i dont mean to be a dick, im just saying i love the music and it sucks to see where the scene has gone.

and yes, trey did do quite a bit of drugs.

7. I just recently got back from ALL GOOD, AMAZING String Cheese kicked ass

8. I'm guessing you were at 10k lakes festival stoned_nate?? I was too! Great time!

First festival for me and my friends, and we all had the times of our lives, can't wait to go back next year. You know, I've heard Panic doesn't have that great of a live show, but damn did they prove that wrong... Were you there for Saturday nights Panic show?? Amazing...

I thought Trey had a lot of energy and it was great and all... but those two bassist sucked IMHO, they clashed and sounded pretty bad... best song of the night was 46 Days...

9. i hope you are saying that they sucked b/c they were playing together. both tony hall and les claypool are amazing bassists

10. claypool is a god for sure... but he only played one song with trey...

They had two bassists besides them, one tony hall and some other guy... and yea it was the way they were playing together, it well... wasn't really together at all

edit - claypool had his own two sets, and I must say it kicked major ass. First time ever seeing him live and he went nuts... gabby la la was pretty sweet too

11. the only time there were 2 bass players on stage was when claypool came out for oz is ever floating b/c thats an oysterhead tune. the rest of the the show, the only bass on stage was in the hands of tony hall.