Jam band fans unite!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RoyalTM, Jan 5, 2010.

1. figured id make a thread for all us modern day dead head\hippies. If you like any jam bands such as....

The grateful dead
    Widespread Panic
    The derek trucks band
    Allman brothers
    Etc
    Etc

Just post who ya like. if you havent given any of these artist a chance, i dont care if your a gangster, a country boy, regardless of what style music ya listen too, atleast look up some derek trucks, perferably his songlines video. a live widespread panic show trippin on some shrooms is the best feeling in the world.

2. im not so much into the dead or widespread etc etc... but i do get down to some phish, and definitiely always will have mad mad love for umphreys mcgee. seen them a BUNCH of times on a BUNCH of drugs, and their shows are always the best ever!

3. i like the grateful dead, allman brothers, and phish(seen them twice, seeing them live is what made me a fan)

4. panic, umphrey's, derek trucks, phish, dead, sts9, allman bro's, disco biscuits, john butler trio and black crows are good too, dunno if they'd be considered 'jam' bands although they got some good music. man, nothin better than kickin back and listening to a good jam sesh :D

5. I am OBSESSED with Umphrey's McGee.
    go listen to them now!

6. I'll have to check out Umphreys mcgee, but I don't understand how you like phish snd not the dead or Panic.

Panic is 10 times better then phish, and you'll never get another real dead show without jerry so... but they were the shit when he was arround, bob weir still sits in with a lot of people and so does phill.

7. While I enjoy Allman Brothers and Widespread, most of the stuff I tend to like is relatively newer like Lotus, PGroove, STS9, Disco Biscuits, TLG, Umphreys, SCI, and of course Phish. Just got tix for Camp Bisco 9 too.

8. Lotus and the Bisco are the tits. everybody needs to check em out. I'm gettin my camp bisco tix soon as well. Cant wait!!!!

9. Jam bands are my favorite style of music to listen to.....R.I.P. Jerry

10. Recently saw Derek Trucks Band, that man is a god. The Dead and Phish are classic though. Been going to Dead cover bands a lot lately, namely Dark Star Orchestra.

11. :confused::confused::confused:

WSP better than PHISH!?

I can't believe what I am reading!