Jailbreaking iphones

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by mushroomsatsuji, Apr 6, 2010.

1. #1 mushroomsatsuji, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010
    I decided to try jailbreaking my 3G iphone. I used RedSn0w and followed all the instructions. Now its stuck on the reboot screen.:(

I tried the soft reset and it still is stuck on the apple screen. The little twirly loading icon appears every now and then but it goes very slow, and usually doesnt move.

Hopefully I didnt totally fuck it up but if any of you have jailbroken Iphones any help is appreciated

EDIT: I just noticed something. It looks like its about to load but it just flashes and goes back to the load screen

2. I have never used redsnow before, but I have used Blackra1n with my sons iPod Touch and phone. I have to redo it every once and awhile because he lets the battery go dead. It's teathered so if the battery goes dead you have to reload blackra1n. Just go here and most if not all your questions can be answered there, www dot blackra1n dot org. I have read that there might be an unteathered release for it some time.

3. What version is your iphone running? 3.1.3?

Also to the other poster. There is already an unteathered version out. SEARCH.

4. Ugh, I had a jailbroken itouch.. but then it got stolen.

When I did have it, I had to start from firmware 1.1 and jailbreak it from there ..but they might have a new and more efficient way to do it now ...try youtube?

If all else fails, you're going to have to restore it.. and just start from scratch, again.

5. Can I try it again even if it refuses to load?

And I dont know which version it is but probably the most recent one

6. You could try it as many times as you want... you just have to restore your itouch each time it doesn't work. But be wary, it does void your warranty (or so I've heard).

If you have the most recent firmware, all you have to do is downgrade.. but like I said, check youtube because they will have more effective tutorials.. (my ex had to help me with jailbreaking mine [​IMG])

I know that wasn't much help, arrg.. good luck.

7. How do I restore it? IT wont load so Itunes cant recognize it

8. for jailbreak, try this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7DnqOS1njU]YouTube - Jailbreak 3.1.2 iPhone & iPod Touch w/ Blackra1n on Windows[/ame]

9. Im trying this method at the moment
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1afjPihoOho&feature=fvw]YouTube - How to jailbreak iphone 3G 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze[/ame]

10. If you have the newest firmware you can't jailbreak it without downgrading your firmware. You have to downgrade to a breakable firmware and then jailbreak it. So yea, you pretty much fucked yourself right there, I have no idea how to fix it. You might just have to reset to factory default.

11. Ok just restored it. Sadly lost all my apps. Oh well.

3.1.3 should be breakable. It is the latest but there are guides. See the video

12. Nope, you cant jailbreak a 3.1.3. I dont care who posts what video or whatever, its bullshit.
    You have to downgrade to version 3.1.2. Trust me, I've jailbroken too many iphones to count.

13. So you have experience with this? Excellent. I could find guides to do this but would you mind telling me the best way to downgrade then jailbreak?:eek:

14. iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

Download your firmware that you want on your iPhone from there. Google how to downgrade firmware on an iPhone (your generation here).

EDIT: here's a video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-YqUVtYqlE"]YouTube- How to downgrade your iPod Touch 1g/2g/3g or iPhone 2g/3g/3gs from Firmware 3.1.3 to 3.1.2[/ame]

15. Itunes wont let you downgrade. I have the firmware file, but it wont work. Ive looked everywhere and it seems I cant downgrade without fucking somehting up

16. you cant downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 because the baseband was upgraded.. if you try you will prolly brick it.. just wait till they come up wit a jailbreak for 3.1.3

17. Sn0wbreeze and the Pwnage tool both claim they can jailbreak it. I havent had a lot of luck with sn0wbreeze and the pwnage tool is only for the mac

18. PM Me and I'll send you a 3.1.3 jailbreak .ipsw by email dude