Jail Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Got Bud?, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Well, it's been a tough week. My cousin is being locked up for 7 years, pretty redic. but I really don't want to get into detail. Penalty seems way too harsh, but can't do anything. Its tough growing up with someone and hearing them talk about growing up feeling bad about themselves, and other terrible things in court when you knew nothing of it. Its sad that I didn't see it but I was young also. Just kinda want to let it out a little. It's terrible, a young man in his 20s. I was wondering how much time people get off their sentence for being in a drug clinic, good behaivor, etc. Thanks

I send out all my love to you people that know someone thats locked up. It's real hard and I guess in a world like this you have to accept some things. I try to think about it too much, it's really upsetting. Thanks

2. Is it Federal or State? There is a big difference in good time and actual time a person must do when it comes to Federal and State penal systems.

I did a 10 yrs in the Federal system along w/ 5 yrs of parole after my release from the Fed system. I do not need details of the case itself, but some idea of what he was convicted of would help also. Some states have stricter laws pertaining to drug offenses and violent offenses etc... I can answer many of your questions once I know a little more about what system he is in and what the actual offense was.

less

3. I believe it is state but I am not sure. It was a pretty big thing, case was in DC. I know he asked to stay at a hospital type thing, which hopefully happens. Because DC jail is not for him. I know he has about 10 years of propation after. I will message you

4. DC Jail is not for anyone. Had to do a few weeks there while in transit b/c of an uprising at USP Lewisburg. If it happened in DC chances are it is Federal, I know of very few people which commited a crime in DC ended up in a State facility. Depending on the severity of the charges, he may go straight to a Federal low or minimum facility. prior record has alot to do with that also. PM me and I can answer some questions, and if he is in Federal, I can give you some suggestions. They have a DAP program which can knock some time off a sentence.

less

5. I hate to ask, but if you don't mind me asking what did you do 10 years for?

6. #6 D-Shiznit, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
    usually you get half time when if it's a state crime, not so sure about federal.. I went to CYA with 1 year and maxed out ended up doing 7. they sent me to the pen when I was 17, which is fucked up now that I think about it.

7. Im curious about that too. Obviously you dont have to say, but Im interested in the legal system and penalties and such so I wouldnt mind knowing.

8. I was convicted of interstate transport of LSD w/ intent to distribute.

less

9. What a dumb "crime"

I for one believe that you should not have been forced to serve any time for that, let alone 10 fucking years.

+ rep for having to deal with our governments bullshit

10. DC jail is definitely not for everyone.

And that is prison time. Prison and jail are two completely different things.

Also, federal or state make a HUGE difference.

I live in MD, too. Just hope it was state. My boy got convicted of killing someone during a fight and is serving 7 years with possible parole in 4 years. Time served between the trail and the incident was added as part of his time served.

11. If it's a state prison he may be able to find numerous loop holes to get time knocked off. For example my buddy is getting ready to go in for a couple years and he already signed up to get his GED so they'll knock six months off. The funny thing is he's already got his GED and he gets it again ever time he goes in. :D

12. LOL on the GED thing +rep for making me laugh.

13. One of my buddies got sentenced to 8 years and he did less than one because he got into the boot camp, not sure if they do that where you're at but in IL if you get sentenced to 8 years or less you're eligible for boot camp after a couple months in the state pen.

14. Well the problem was the DEA was hardcore on LSD in the mid 80's which was when I was busted. I had no chance of beating the case b/c I was caught w/ 17,500 doses in my possession and they found another 5 gms of crystal and 100 vials of liquid. They went hardcore on me b/c my doese were over 3 times the avg. street dose being tested at 200 mics where most street doses were 50-75 mics. I was originally sentenced to 25 yrs but Congress amended the carrier weight issue which cut my sentence in half.

I read alot, studied botany and horticulture b/c I love to grow and wanted to get better. I read everything, once in a min. facility I worked in the garden and on landscape. Once released, even though I was on parole, I started some stealth grows to begin my work w/ breeding b/c things had changed 10 fold in the breeding world while I was away and my step brother was working in Canada at the time w/ some seed banks there before he left to go back to The Netherlands.

Along w/ this, I spent countless days in the law library learning everything I could about the laws, guidelines, how the sentencing commission worked, and how the US Court system operated. This has given me vast knowledge of the Federal laws procedures, as well as how the DEA, FBI, ATF, etc.. operates.

I still do alot behind the scene w/ various organizations working to repeal some of our drug laws and end the War On Drugs. I was a big part of the organizations in my sig from the very beginning.

Some people carry baggage or have chips on their shoulders. Not me! I used the time to make me not only a better person, but a better grower. Honestly I would have never read over 50 books on horticulture and botany if I had not been there b/c in the real world we just do not have that kind of time. Now I feel I am a superior grower and my breeding work has been going very well.

We cannot change what we live in the past, we can only put it behind us and move forward. We either become a better person or end up living life w/ a bad attitude which keeps in the revolving door.

I appreciate the kind words, and I do hope things work out for this person b/c regardless of where he does the time, it is still time taken from his life. Now back to growing.

less

15. Damn, that's a lot of fucking LSD my friend. But 10 years for a drug, a drug that actually expands minds...that's bullshit. If you were caught with kilos of coke, I could understand a hefty sentence, but that's ridiculous. They STOLE 10 years of your life from you.