Jackass

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by travilanche, Jul 24, 2015.

1. i am watching Jackass 3.5 on CC right now which is great. It is hilarious as all Jackass features are. But I wanted to express my view that anything Jackass feels very 90's, which is good because it takes me back to my teenage years.

Does my one else feel this way? Does Jackass take you back to your youth?

2. Jackass is such a garishly childish and a blatantly mid-2000's American film that you can't help but love it.

3. couldn't explain Jackass any better if I tried.

4. Bad grandpa was pretty funny. I loved the restaurant scene

5. I don't get it with Jackass (although I am a fan of the series), but there are other things that take me to the 90s that I very much appreciate. I get a kick out of 90s technological references and a general 90s themes.

It seems to me there is a dividing line between people who grew up in a pre-internet and more so pre-mass media world and those who did not. 90s material strikes a personal chord with me because it appeals to a period that shaped my mentality. While I am functioning in society, I feel very old fashioned already, only being in my early 30s. The new age does not seem to be for my mentality.

6. Bad grandpa wasnt as funny as I thought itd be but it was still pretty funny.

I loved watching the first to jackass's when they came out, dont remember watching the third one

7. Fuck yeah. I remember Johnny Knoxville's nipple gettin bit by a baby gator like it was yesterday.

And that lil guitar riff, ah, memories....

8. I didn't like bad grandpa at all, seems like its all lame. I love Jackass but bad grandpa was a bit much.

9. Dudesons.

10. The Original Jackass movie and the one special where they are doing that driving event across europe are my shit Lol.

11. That shit ruined my childhood, in a good way. It all started with the CKY videos at a young age and when Jackass came out it molded me into the person I still am today.

I still think the best thing that that group of people did was Wildboyz.

12. Remember that jackass who killed himself with drunk driving. Pretty sad way to go after your best friend just got clean.

Great show and movies. Saw the last one in 3d at the movies. Laughed hysterically (in the literal sense, which means I literally drive myself insane at how funny it was)

13. I think they are entertaining, but trying too hard for attention. I just saw one today called the lost tapes, and they had a prank where they accidentally leave a baby carriage with a fake baby on their car roof. Then start driving off and watching people freak out and try to warn them. it was pretty fucked up.

14. I could see Why youd say that. I dont like how they added some bullshit sadness or actual movie type shit in at some spots

15. I share the same mentality. There were some genuinely sad moments in that movie which took away from the humor.

16. They did that one a bit in the first season of the show. It is fucked but also pretty funny.