Jack Herer, grown with ginger!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by daymon, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Fist time post, Long time lover..

I grow outdoors, and have done very well for the last 10 years.
    And I'm doing an experiment.

I have a well established ginger plant in a 5 gallon bucket. I have the last of my 20 seeds germing from the famous, Jack Herer. With the ginger, I have a male Jack thats about 3 months old and im pruning him so to keep it bonsai style (and keep from contaminating). The ginger is very pungent,wet (from the leaves), and because its a root, it does not need much soil, and is very tolerant.

Close courtiers will keep them grooving till I get a female in the same pot, And then use the pollen from the male to pollinate her for next years real grow.

1. Will the ginger affect the pollen from the male? Or even the seed that will be produced by the female when I pollinate.

2. If I get a female to grow with the ginger, do you think she would be affected by the ginger, and walla...Ginger Jack!!!

I have done my research and nothing comes close to this root style combination. Because the ginger is about 3 years old (new soil and pot) it is very strong! I know about affecting the cure with flavor, but with the grow?

Any advice, tips or even ideas will be help full. If I get allot of support on this tread Ill start to include picts.

Daymon

2. if your mom sat next to a dog while she was pregnant with you, would you have a better olfactory?

no.

3. Great response, made me laugh! The thing about it is, the ginger is wet with juice. Even when it rains, she is pungent. F- the male, I want a female in with the juice. Probably wont mount to much but im going threw with it.

4. IT should be good I doubt it would do any harm and maybe it will even improve your plant because of the benefits ginger brings to soil. are you going to kill the male?

5. Na, down to my last jack herere seeds, and I grow seasonally. So going to get a girl to mate with him in the ginger. Wont yeald much but ill have fresh seeds for the next season since im down to the last bit and they are about 3 years old.