Jack Herer 150w HPS Scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Mattste, May 5, 2012.

1. Gents, I apologize for the delay, seems like every time i harvest i take a hiatus....

This pic was taken with my cellphone. It's a 2l jar I didn't weigh it, no scales. But it was around 40g dry. At the most 45. But I can honestly say i was disappointed with the 150. Electricity-wise can't complain. I would like to try the 250w as a 400 would be too hot in a space of this size. Smoke was great. Would have liked the buds to be more dense though.

"Until next time, take care of yourselves and each other...."

Attached Files:

2. well, it is jack herer. that's most of the blame.. not the 150. but i guess you'd know better sense i can't even see the buds ;)

3. interesting. i never knew jack was typically a low yielding strain. you learn something everyda i guess. i just figured it was the heat issues i had early on that stunted development, plus the lights.

4. i was hinting more towards the airy buds, not the yield, but i suppose those kind of go hand-in-hand (whatever that expression means)

5. again, i never knew jack tends to be light. what would you recommend?

6. i'm not trying to recommend anything, i was just making conversation...

i recommend getting a 250w or 400w. you said 400 was too hot, but maybe you can figure out a nifty way of venting out that heat.

7. i wasn't being funny, the question was genuine. like most of the peeps on here, i'm lookiung for ways to improve my growing, so i welcome tips and any help i can get. i was reading up and others have said the 400 is overkill for this tent, but a 250 with cooltube could be about right.

8. Yeah, I get somewhat airy buds with my 150 too, but nothing bad by any means.
    I wouldn't give up on the light completely tho!
    A small fan blowing directly onto the bulb goes a long way helping with heat so you can get that puppy right up to those buds for better density and yield. I can usually keep mine 6-8 inches above my scrog with no problem. I do 2 plants at a time and on average pull about 2-3 zips from each lady.

I'm just saying, give it one more try before spending a bunch of money on new lighting.

9. For sure, the buds were not the end of the world and I was quite happy with the amount I pulled. But how can I improve, how can get the most out of this 2x2x4 tent? I think my answer is in a blackstar 240 led! Not sure yet but really tempted to try it out

10. blackstar is always a good choice

11. Nice job Mattste! I'm very impressed. You obviously studied up a bit before jumpin' in, my hats off to ya. Seems common sense... but the more intense the light, the more dense the nug. That's all....
    I've gotten superb quality, but light, airy, fluff buds using low watt CFLs (which I knew at the time were insufficient, but all I could do, then) and superb quality, rock-hard nugs using 600w HPS and 240w Black star in tandem - same strain, seeds all from the same Mom.