Jack and Jill

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hom3grown0815, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Hello GC,

I have 2 plants grown from seed here. Both from a friend. I was told they were Jack the Ripper and Jillybean. Also that they were both regular seeds and not Fem so I may be wasting my time altogether lol

They have been vegging roughly 5 weeks in quart size pots in promix/perlite. They just got their first topping to be mainlined.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Uhh, that's not how you top a plant.

Wow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. My god man, you just cut off her head

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That's how you start a mainline on a plant

5. Yep, lol and at the end of flower they will look like the ones in the background.

6. Yes all mainlined

• Like Like x 1
  7. Most ppl just do it earlier unless they take clones from it. If not it’s a waste to grow it that tall

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Then PERFECT, as I thought u done as I was looking through ur posts! Ppl are always so quick to jump on the negative... try to step back and see the whole picture. I just saw pic and thought why would I do that and then came to the conclusion of what u confirmed!

9. Typically mainlined plans get topped when they have around 6 nodes. Yes I would have done it earlier but my cloner was full and i was clearing out my flower room.

And I dont look at it as a waste of anything. Vegging that long before topping allows it to develop a very strong root system and respond way better to topping and future toppings. They bounce back fast and grow vigorously.

Check that one out. Done the exact same way.

Then those big ass tops get cloned and assuming you can keep them healthy till they root, they will make the perfect foundation for an almost "true manifold" because node spacing is still symmetrical. 20190205_201803.jpg

10. It's tops are in the cloner with (raspberry cough) the lowers off of another mainline I'm doing

11. I wasn’t saying Anyting bad about what ur doing at all

• Like Like x 2
  12. oh nah man I wasnt trying to be negative in any way. Sorry if I came across that way

13. Lol. U misread that. I was saying everyone was so quick to be like wtf did u jist do man instead of...

• Agree Agree x 1