I've started

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dorklover664, May 12, 2005.

1. I started germinating my bag seeds. I had six and I got four to spout using the paper towel in Tupperware method. I transferred the four into dirt tonight. The are in plastic frozen Welch's juice containers that I pocked holes in the bottoms of. I put the four containers into a 10 gal. fish tank I had. I put plastic over the top so the moisture would stay in and I could still see into the tank. I'm getting my set up next week. It's a hydro system that I'm getting for FREE (it's great to know cool people). The person give me the system is also mentoring me in grown since he did it for years before doing the wife and kids thing. I have a total black thumb so I hope I don't kill the poor plants. So far so good. I should start a journal. Say a little pray for me please.

2. Good luck with the sprouts..nice friend you have too :) So what are you going to use for light?

3. Truthfully, I don't know. I haven't seen the set up. Right now it's all natural.

4. So you are just using sunlight from the windows? That should be ok for now .. hopefully your freind will give you lights too *nod*

5. cool man
    enjoy !

6. nice friend..

But let me tell you! your going to need to read, read, read, and then when ur so sick of it, read some more..

hydroponic is really easy to fuck up on and takes knowledge..

I might suggest staying with soil for now, and use the lights he gives you untill you get a couple grows under your belt.

www.overgrow.com/faq

only thing im worrying about, it the little seedlings stretching.. maybe putting them in a window sill will allow more light.

well, good luck with wat ever you choose to do

7. I have read and I will keep reading (any suggestions are welcome) but it's great having some one to mentor me who grew with this exact set up for over five years. I've also started a grow journal and write everything down. Right now the seedling are in dirt in a tank under a window. They get plenty of light and are nice and tosty (not hot) because of the sealed tank. I think I might really have a chance of not killing these little guys. I still don't have sprouts but I just planted them last night at like 2 am. (Then I wrote some naughty poetry about the guy giving me the set up!) He's going to check and make sure the system is still all working then he said next week he'll drop it off when he can get away from his wife. I am so happy. I'm still trying to get my hands on a few clones too. That way I'll have a few different things going in case I do kill some of them. Thanks for all your help guys. Any other thoughts or info would be cool.