I've Solved the Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by BKKG, Mar 7, 2008.

1. While browsing the City (rather than doing my homework), I had an epiphany that will solve the legalization/decriminalization problems that have been going on for so long. The issue is that we have many members, but spread out all over the world. How is such a dispersed group going to affect policy in any particular place? And that's when I realized it:

We all need to move to the same place (which we will call, of course, Grass City)! We'll make up the whole population, along with any like-minded people who care to move to our city. Together we could fiddle with the law by way of our overwhelming majority of the population (roughly 100%). And if that doesn't work, we'll still have our ways. A cop sees you with some herb in the park? No problem, because the cop'll be one of us too! If the feds try to come down on us, what exactly will they do? Imprison our entire town? I doubt it! I call being mayor until we all get settled, at which point we can have a proper election. Just think about it... Grass City USA (or any country, I guess), population...us.

P.S. Alternatively, we can all pool our money together and buy an island someplace, and then we can be our own country. That way we'll be the local government and the federal one too! I have $40 to contribute.

2. In theory thats a great idea. Buying an island might work out, but buying a part of the us might be a little tricky. We would have to take out property and defect from the US because otherwise we would be goverened by thier laws, but the bull-headed power house the US is they could isolate our trade and oil supply and try to force us into thier "main-stream" values. Think the "Peteoria" episode of family guy if you will. I do think The island idea has great potential though.

3. well i mean this grasscity your talking about would still be corrupt with thief's, murderers and what not.. theres a difference between online forums and the real world, i think it would be chaos.

4. There would only be chaos if there where no law inforcement. Has amsterdam crubbled into de-civilisation? I think not. It floureshes quite well, and i do believe he mentionioned the civilization having thier own police.

I didnt mean for that to come out asshole-ish. It just came out that way sorry before hand.

5. It's a shame about the island having already been thought of, but I guess it's just too good of an idea to have not been brought up by now.

I never suggested buying a part of the US, just everyone living there and letting certain things slide, legal or otherwise.

As for the rest, I had hoped that it would be clear this isn't an actual suggestion, just a fun-to-think-about sort of joke. I thought it might be fun to think up laws and policies for our city, and maybe more such things.

You're right, and I was still planning on law enforcement. The real life Grass City would be pretty much the same as as any other city in the US (or other countries), except pot would be legal. And obviously we'd be cooler, too.

P.S. (Again): Also, instead of buses and trains for mass transit, we'd have rollercoasters.

6. no its cool, im high right now thus im not really reading these threads and posts into depth but i see what you mean. amsterdam seems to be doing fine but, isnt that place still extremely violent and crime ridden ?

7. brb, invading cuba