Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've smoked 3 times and.......

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JimBobCooter, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Alright, So i've smoked three times now and everytime I freak out, and it isn't a normal freak out its like WTF. My heart beats super fast and everything is just so slow........It is pretty fucked up, My best friend is a seasoned smoker and he is the one that turned me to smoking. The first time I ever did it I was in a pizza place parking lot, was feeling good, and when I started driving it all changed. I had to pull over and get someone to take me home. (that was when I was 17) The next time I was at a co-workers house and we smoked a blunt and I wasn't feeling anything and then it hit me....HARD....I don't remember anything for about 10 minutes and what i remember was I was freaking out, same thing my heart was beating super fast and all the crazy stuff, the thing is I wasn't paranoid of getting caught I was just freaking out......Now my last time, I really didn't freak out I just played video games for 5 hours and didn't talk nor did I move. My heart was still beating fast but not as bad. (this time I smoked like 3 bowl with 1 other person and the bowls were compressed) Now that I tell y'all the fucked up story about my smoking experiences.......I have more, I told my girlfriend I quit smoking because of drug test and she said she would too, But I really want to smoke again.....(yet, I don't want to freak out) Should I just tell her "Hey lets smoke some good, I was lying about the drug test" and SHould I only take like one or two hits off a joint just to get a "good" feeling(that i haven't gotten to feel) I need someones advice, because I do want to smoke, I'm just tired of freaking out like a sissy. :(

2. Smoke less.

3. couple things:

1) Don't drive when your high, especially if you're new, but really don't do it ever.
    2) Ease yourself into it - it sounds like you're doing too much and freaking out - If you're the type of person who really likes to be in control that can def happen. One night do one hit and enjoy the buzz, a couple days later do it again but a little more, until you *enjoy* being really stoned.

Because honestly, if you don't enjoy being high than what the hell is the point of spending money and breaking the law to do something that freaks you out.

Also, don't do it in areas with people you don't know really well and trust - not at first at least, that will just continue making you freak out.

Take it slow and learn to enjoy it, and if youc an't enjoy it than don't bother.

4. This by far. I know someone who went through the same kinda thing and now they don't want to smoke at all so props for sticking with it. If you really want to smoke with your girl I would just bring it up and when you do smoke take it sllloooww. Your heart is normally going to beat faster when you are high. Just like you said take one or two hits and sit on it for a little bit so you get used to the feeling, just chill with your girlfriend... smoke a little and chill ya know . If you can do it without worrying about getting caught do it at your house or hers because you'll feel a little more comfortable there then say a parking lot haha.

Best of luck to you, hopefully happy toking :smoking:

5. slowly build your tolerance

6. shit i can get that good high feeling from 1 hit of good herb. i guess you need lower quality herb,or just smoke less.

7. When I started I was the same way, its just a feeling you have to get used to, it is such a different feeling then you are used to experiencing so its ok to freak out a little. I was the exact same way when I started so dont worry, just keep smoking, and dont smoke whole blunts, just like half a bowl. I still get freaked out sometimes when smoking and I smoke daily and have smoked daily for months on end now. Sometimes I just get too high :smoking:. last night was a perfect example, I vaped WAYYYY too much bud and i was absolutely gone, I was laying in bed and I could feel waves rushing over my body, I enjoyed it, but I smoked too much, it happens so dont worry and just dont smoke as much in the future. Or alternatively if you do want to smoke alot, smoke a half bowl then like 30 min later finish the bowl or something, that way your still blazed and you are able to gauge if you wanna smoke more later

8. Take it slower.

Just take a hit or two and start doing some sort of light activity (listen to music, watch tv, play some video games, etc.). I know that when I was still getting used to being high I would just lay in my bed and like zone out. But then one time I was doing this and my roomie wanted to play a video game. I went to set it up but I started freaking out. Luckily my roomie is a really experienced stoner so he managed to calm me down and told me that has happened to him plenty of times. I think I freaked out because I was doing way too much too fast and my body/mind just wasn't used to it and I started to panic. So I started to do light things when I smoked like walk around, listen to music, etc. right away so that there wouldn't be this sudden change.

Things have gotten MUCH better and now I can do so much more when I'm high, I am much more in control of myself. But it took about a month of regular smoking (nearly everyday) to get there.

Take it slow, do some sort of light activity and slowly build up how much you smoke. Now I can burn through 3-4 bowls straight and i don't freak out at all because I'm used to it.

So far, smoking has only gotten better the more I smoke. :smoke:

9. tell the girlfriend you took the drug test so you want to smoke again. don't be stupid, admitting to a lie like that is just going to cause drama in the relationship and she'll lose trust.

You shouldn't have lied to begin with but now that it's too late, you should sleep in the bed you made.

10. IMO I don't think you have to smoke everyday to build up a good tolerance. I honestly don't like to smoke daily I feel it becomes to much of a normal feeling to be high and you feel awkward not being stoned. I smoke 1-3 times a week after work. When I do smoke I take one hit off of my pipe. Then wait 30 mins to an hour depending on how it feels. Then take another hit. Once you know how your body handles the THC you can find your perfect high pretty easily after a couple times :)

11. god you sound like my ex. but she smoked alot back in the day and now she freaks out like a mofo and gets mad paranoid......i would say try smoking less.....or maybe trying edibles even? the fact that you are smoking something illegal, the high and feeling of paranoia can not mix well i have heard.

12. 30 minutes to an hour is a good wait time if we're waiting for an edible maybe, should take no more than 10 minutes to feel a hit from a pipe.