I've only slept 10 hours the last 3 days

Discussion in 'General' started by thelizardkin, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I have delayed sleep phase disorder which means I fall asleep much later than the average person normally the earliest I fall sleep is 3am sometimes it's as late as 7-8 am I've found staying up all night can help I'm so sleepy I fall asleep early the next night and my patterns get better for about 2 weeks so last Thursday I was up all night in hopes of changing it even if only for a few weeks that night I fell asleep at 10:30 but the weird thing was I woke up just past 2am and couldn't fall back asleep so I stayed up all night Friday night only getting 3.5 hours of sleep and than last night I think I got to sleep around 10 but I don't remember because I'm so sleep deprived I woke up between 3:30-4:00 so that's 5.5-6 hours so in the last 61 hours I've gotten 10 hours of sleep what the fuck is wrong

2. I dont believe in sleep disorders.

I bet you just drink a shitload of pepsi.

3. I've had it it was the only sleeping medication to ever work for me but it also had some weird side effects on me if I didn't sleep it put me in this weid daze almost it actually was kinda fun but on it I'd throw myself against the floors and the walls for some reason and I had no self control what so ever it was almost like I was on some fucked up auto pilot

4. No my circadian rhythms which regulate sleep by releasing hormones in the brain like melitonin before bedtime my brain doesn't start making those hormones until early in the morning so sleeping at 10 for me would be like falling asleep mid afternoon for you and I do drink caffeinated beverages but it doesn't effect my sleeping at all there's weeks I drink caffeine every night and there are weeks where I drink it maybe once or twice and I fall asleep at the same time