Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've Never Had An Edible, What's It Like?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by gkgiants, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Hey, unfortunately I have not yet been given the chance to consume any pot edibles! :( Could you help educate me on them and tell me what the feeling or high feels like? Thanks and Happy Smoking! :smoke:

2. well for me it's kinda a mellow high and it takes like 30 mins to kick it normlly other then that i get a little more stupid but thats about it

3. Oh alright, not much to it :D

4. Ha yeah right. Mellow - who are you trying to kid?

I've even had an overwhelming high for hours off of vaped weed, not even fresh herb.

It takes longer to kick in and lasts a lot longer. You can definitely over-do it on edibles trust me.

Anytime I make my gf a firecracker with 1g she says she's 'too high', and we are daily tokers of 3+ years.

Most efficient, less immediate, longest lasting of the highs.

5. Wow, that makes me crave some cannabutter right now. I also have never had edibles.

6. its usually mellow for me i never have any problems with them but i dunno every one is different i guess

7. but dont really do that

8. you get eased into an edible high. It builds up slowly, but once you peak you can be balls to the walls high! For most people the bodyhigh is more pronounced, but that doesn't mean you won't get a good heady high aswell, depending on strain.

The high is comparable to a 'regular' high but its different on a few details and lasts way longer

9. Last time I made us firecrackers we were getting onto an airplane. We ate them right after we got our tickets from the kiosk, then proceeded through security just fine.

When we landed at the next airport we had an hour layover, and they had definitely kicked in by almost an hour. I felt mild anxiety so I put on some George Carlin from my iPhone and relaxed a bit. We went to TGI Fridays and munched out stoned as shit in the middle of the terminal. Then we got onto our next flight still baked and made it all the way to Arizona. Right as our highs were wearing off after like 6 hours, we picked up an ounce and smoked.

Perfect timing. Edibles are ideal for situations like that.

10. ive had brownies probly twice. shit hits me about 45 mins after eating, i ate em on a empty stomach. shit makes me feel VERY relaxed, incredibly mellow body high. shit makes sleep so easy too, i always feel like just passin out

11. I'm stupid and brought edibles past international flight security. Ate half a PB&J when I got to my gate and was high as fuck for the 2 and a half hour flight, and the 5 hour layover. Then the comedown (like 9 hours later) enabled me to sleep on the last 8 hour flight. Threw the other half out because I didn't want it to reach customs with it or be high when I landed.

12. I eat edibles all the time. You are missing out brother. I use soy lecithin which allows it to be digested easier, I noticed that with soy lecithin they kick in sooner, I start feeling effects right after I eat it. The high is a pleasant, clean stoned feeling that lasts for hours. Much cleaner than smoking. Depending on the strain you used and how much you dosed there can be some pretty intense visuals, at least for bud I mean.

13. Woah you got through security without any trouble?? I might try this! :smoke:

14. i need to try them too man and firecrackers look so easy to make has anyone ate an edibles went asleep then woke up still baked or doesnt it last that long .

15. [quote name='"JayCambo"']i need to try them too man and firecrackers look so easy to make has anyone ate an edibles went asleep then woke up still baked or doesnt it last that long .[/quote]

Yea I've heard of this happening

16. Those who haven't should check out the sticky on the forums about cannaoil. It's very simple and doesn't take that long. Even if you have only like a quad of herb you can make a decent sized batch, but tolerance can become an issue.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more-22.html#post11299348

17. When my sister was a stoner when I was a kid she swears she ate a brownie at a party and didn't feel anything so after a while she kind of felt something and went home thinking it sucked.

She said she went to sleep but she was waken up a few hours later by how she was. Lol like it was intense enough to wake her up.

18. I've woke up totally baked from edibles. Late night munchies with edibles = )

19. Aha yeah 3 of us took a whole batch of brownies instead of having 2 pieces each at around 11... The high kicked in after an hour and some, maaaan we were high of Our asses all night and I wake up and I still feel high:hello: