I've lost all motivation.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by EnjoiPugs, Jul 17, 2009.

1. So I used to be a really motivated person. I got into a good college and made good grades. I have a long and good work history. I got a nice car and had lots of friends. Well, I've managed to mess up everything I had going for me. It just sucks, and I know complaining isn't going to make it better, but I have to let out some shit.

So on to why I post this. I started smoking the herb late last year and it was/is/will be awesome. I love it, but it changed the way I acted. I always had thoughts in my head, but never had much courage and somehow MJ changed that a bit. So I stopped going to my job, because I didn't like the work I was doing. I decided I would find a living doing something I enjoied or I wouldn't work. After about two months of no job I had to sell my car because I couldn't afford anything anymore. I bought a new car (using a percent of what I sold the other one for and the rest to pay bills and all) and it broke. It broke on the fucking way home. I owned it for literally 5 minutes and it broke down. I don't know if I got screwed on the car or what, but I know a good bit about cars and I inspected the shit out of the car and test drove it for a good bit of time and drove it hard too. Well turns out the motors going and it's not drivable. It's worth basically nothing and it would take at least 2 grand to fix of which I have no money.

All along this path I let my grades slip over the semester. Completely my fault and they'll be better next semester, but now my mom blames pot. And I just hate it, because it's all I've got left man. It's just about the only damn thing I can enjoi anymore and I want to make a good name for people who smoke, but I just look like another wash out. And I just dont seem to have the motivation anymore to put on a fake face and go out there and just bullshit everyone. I got tired of my fake ass friends so I stopped chilling with them or they stopped chilling with me. Now I have no car so I can't see any of them anyways.

So I have all day everyday to whatever I want. It should be great right? I live my mom still and she only makes me put in 200 bucks a month (which I am down to my last month of money). Well I am just so tired of doing nothing, but I can't find anything to get me motivated. I used to like video games, but my xbox broke and the warrenty is void so I only have shitty game cube and I played the shit out of that thing already this month and it wasn't even fun.

I've never felt this way before. I've always had goals and all that. Now, I want to truly do what I like doing, but I can't find anything I like doing anymore. Except well smoke, but you can only do so much of that. I need to fill my life with something else. Does this even make sense? How can I be such a failure at just plain old living? I'm starting to think I just suck at life.

2. You are far from alone on feeling this. Though I don't blame weed, I blame myself. I started out this summer very motivated to find a job but as I progressed in smoking and hanging out with friends that i haven't seen since being at colleg, my motivation to work has slipped. We need this, we need to know the feeling of being low in life in order to want to progress. I don't look at it as the end of life or the world but more as a wake up. Starting today I'm not buying weed again this summer unless I'm going to profit from it. Try something like that out!

3. If the car broke down on the way home from buying it, I would've had it towed right back to where you got it and had an officer get your money back.

I guess I'm kind of in the same thing as you. I was unmotivated for a long time. I have this really great girl who always has helped me out in my life; I'm talking major help. She helps keep my shit together and it's I that need to be doing more. I'm working on it and getting better. I used to get high and play video games, but got boring. I'm looking forward to going home and getting some things done after work and then relaxing at nighttime.

4. Im going to become a mountain man and live in the mountains, free of all restrictions and obligations.

No car
    No gas
    No taxes
    No Bills
    No insurance
    No GPS
    No Cell Phone
    No Money
    No Computer

Just me, nature, and the animals living side by side. Thats all the motivation i need to finish High school

5. lol i feel ya man but ive always had NO motivation...im the laziest fuck ever and that was before i started to blaze...it only got worse from there lol...i mean im at the point where with a lot of stuff i find myself sayin "i dont give a shit" lol and i really dont...i dont really blame the weed or anything cuz its genetics...my dad is just as lazy as me so i know i got it from him haha...but honestly it isnt a big deal...im sure ill care baout stuff a lot more when im older lol...at this point in my life im just tryin to have fun cuz i know i wont when i get a career and shit

6. Dude, you don't need to finish high school if you're gunna be a mountain man.

7. Haha I know right? Thats exactly what I was thinking.

8. you read my mind. i don't give a fuck about much right now, and weed is about all i've got. it's hard to even enjoy that anymore. all i got to say is keep goin, you'll make it through. right now make your goal all about getting through the day. don't worry about the future, cuz it will happen when it happens.

9. I hate to be the downer man but if you can afford to buy weed then you have enough money to float on. So your jsut screwing yourself. Sorry again :(

10. Motivation is all psycholigical. First off, Id like to say Ive worked in customer service as long as Ive worked, and man I really dont like it. Anyone can do it, its just those who are willing to do it that make cash out of it pretty much. Ill most likley once again be going into a customer service job here soon, because Im unemployed now (just relocated) and need a job soon, so its my best shot. Itll keep money in my pocket and pay the bills for now. My motivation, is the future. Itll all be in efforts of getting into what I truly would like to be doing for a living.

Now, second thing Id like to say, is get motivated. How that is, only YOU know. But honostly man, I think lazyness is the ultimate factor thats bringing you down here. I think that because of what you wrote, but also I think that is the common factor with people who become depressed or discouraged/unmotivated.

I was once in your position about 3 years ago. I had lost my first girlfriend, got totally used and abused, and was depressed and lathargic about it for like 18 months. I now look back and see how I was not doing anything to make my situation better, I only made it worse by feeling sorry for myself all the time. I was sleeping in late everyday sometimes until like 1 or 2 pm, didnt work for like 6 months at one point (had a lot of cash saved up I loved off of until I was broke), sometimes I wouldnt even leave my house, just go frm watching tv to getting on the internet all day. Of course none of my friends knew about this depression, Id still hang out with them and act normal and shit. Then, for some reason, I got into longboarding. Longboard skate boarding that is. That was about a year and a half ago now, and it completly changed my life. I had never skate boarded before or been interested, but I loved the shit out of riding my longboard every where. I started skating every single day, and getting all my buddies into it. I also really loved wathcing videos, and got into making some of my own. a year and a half later and the club I helped start in my hometown has blown the scene up. Now I make vids, go to events, help out beginners, live in southern california with my awesome girlfriend and am on my way to getting into digital video production as a profession.

My point is, youve got to find that something to pull yourself out of the rut. Lemme ask you, are you socializing like you used to? Are you sleeping in late everyday? Not physically active at all? Ultimatly only you are gonna be able to take the action to help you MOVE ON, but were here to push you forward and get your ass up and into something to light the fire from under your ass. Stop wasting your precious life TIME, because thats time you are never gonna get back no matter what. Get some money, then once you get the money, you get the power, then once you get the power, you get the women. Well, thats if your want power and women, ;) but you need money to live day to day say you have to get some of that. :cool:

11. I would suggest trying to get a part time job. You may hate it, but it can make you some money and help you get back out there.

12. That's how you guys see it as.

I smoke weed everyday and I got a 3.8 gpa.

Apply yourself don't be lazy.

13. get a job, i guarantee you arent as lazy as me, i never had the grades. :eek:

14. I've put serious thought into that. Move to Alaska and live in the wild. Like a real man. Live like man was supposed to live.

15. Shit, when i started smoking, i was a drop out, with no job and was living with my mom..
    But weed opened my eyes, and i wanted to go to school as psychology. I needed to start working to bye weed:smoking: So I got two jobs at the time, and started school..
    And now i have finish school, and my main field is media and law:cool:
    Dont drop out, and try to get a job atm, and good times will come.

16. #16 Dserge, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    If you find yourself hobbieless and need something to jump start your mind, perhaps try growing?

It can really get one motivated to get up and do something, and be the best grower one can possibly be.

I will be straight up with you too. I am 19 years old and haven't a clue what I want to do in life yet.
    I had a job that I loved but due to moving I lost that.
    Just find some way of getting income is my best advice to you. My car is paid off so I cannot lose that, and thank god I have been able to repair all the minor issues with it.

At this point in my life?
    I am working and saving up for a motorcycle, because I love to ride.
    This alone makes waking up everyday better knowing I need to get some money made for it.

17. #17 PrettyLit, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    its not the weed you atleast gotta make an effort and you gotta overcome this "LAZY PHASE"

18. well first u need a job. thats a must. then save up ur money to fix ur car(honestly u should have taken it back). then save till u can rent a house. try to find one that is not in a city. then when u move start growing. u can have weed without paying and if u need a lil extra cash sell some. but only have like 2 to 3 plants if u grow. alot easier to hide. unless u want to become a full time dealer. hope i helped a little :)