I've lost 15 pounds since I started smoking weed

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by soapmachine, Oct 8, 2011.

1. #1 soapmachine, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
    I don't feel as hungry anymore. Not sure why. I definitely get intense cravings when I'm high. But I eat two protein bars a day and then a bowl of soup and some apples.

Is this un healthy? Twice a week I'll have a hardy meal. I use to run a ton as well.

male

over a course of two months

2. So you eat ~1000 calories a day and you're asking us if that's unhealthy?
    :poke:

3. Well, im not dying or sick

4. Try working out how many calories you need to lose weight gradually. Eating such a low amount and not getting all your daily needs will take it's toll.

5. Yes that's unhealthy. You're not getting the calories and nutrients you need. Just stick to a balanced diet and around four solid meals a day.

And yes 15 pounds is too much in 2 months. At most, you can lose about 1 pound of fat a week if you do it right. If you restrict your diet too much, then you're going to be burning muscle and releasing water weight from the lack of carbs.

6. I've never looked better though

7. if i smoke every day i dont get hungry and loose weight but if i smoke occasionaly i get
    the munchies, look up how it effeccts your thyroid gland.

8. So the mirror will tell you how the inside of your body is functioning? Sure you might do well on this diet for foreseeable future, but who knows how strong your body's immune system is going to be when the time comes to fight off invasions.

You're the one that asked if your diet was unhealthy or not; I just gave you my professional answer that I would give to any of my clients.

No matter who you are and what your goal is, everyone's diet needs to have variety.

9. Don't starve yourself, that's actually very unattractive, to me at least.

10. DONT STARVE YOURSELF. YOU NEED AT LEAST 2K CALORIES A DAY! thats for the avg person.

If you want to lose weight the idea is not to starve yourself but to eat properly and exercise MORE.

you shouldn't skip meals or severely limit calories. Thats ruining you. you're probably losing muscle mass and still maintaining body fat.

Just eat healthy. Tuna, fruit, salad/veggies, chicken, whole grain/whole wheat bread, certain cereals (ie. multigrain cheerios is a good one that doesnt taste like crap) etc.

also you dont want to be losing more than 2lbs a wk on avg. if you lose weight too fast its not healthy or safe.

balance exercise with decently healthy eating options and you'll be fine.

11. it could possible be due to the way your body works. I know quite a few people that started losing weight between the ages of 20-25. Like the childish pudgyness in the face.

Im 24 and within this past year of smoking daily, stopping, and smoking daily again ive recently lost about 10 lbs and its becoming impossible to rise. I eat just as much if not more.

12. Everyones body is different, and it's your job to do what's best for it. So eat your vegetables and try to keep the coke down to at most once a week. ;)

13. I was in the same boat a few months ago, OP. From Christmas 2010 through June of this year I dropped 60 pounds doing nothing but restricting my diet. I'd eat one meal a day and maybe a snack here and there if I was higher than usual, but my average daily calorie intake was under 400 for that time span. Don't keep this up like I did. Yes, I lost a bunch of weight and a few inches around the waist, but I looked very gaunt and felt weak and extremely deprived unless I was stoned. Now that you've dropped some, start exercising. The appetite will return if you expend a decent amount of energy, and your body will thank you for it.

14. god im so jelouse

15. i lost around 13 pounds in the last couple months just by eating healthier and getting more exercise. it really is a lifestyle change that gets easier with every passing day.