Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've heard of people tripping off weed. Is this a myth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zeusophobia, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I still remember back when I was a total newb with super low tolerance and had like 4 big hits of some super dank Indica from a bong. Totally messed me up for like 3 hours and wasn't really a fun experience. Felt like the room was spinning around me and I couldn't focus on anything. If I tried closing my eyes it felt like I was tripping out seeing crazy stuff. Finally after about 3 hours it started to settle down and I managed to fall asleep in bed. Interesting experience, but not something I want to repeat. Definitely taught me to have some respect for weed.

2. The first few times you get high you can "Trip" ime...after a while though it calms down to just "stoned"

3. #63 BloodLust, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sounds like fun to me!:p

I broke my 2 week long t-break last night with probably .4 or so probably more along .25 but immediately after smoking we went for a walk at around 11, I turned 2 corners and after that I look up to see what looked like a street that should be in San Francisco. The street look so massively tall, the cars looked like people and the curbs were waving coming in and out from me. I stood there with my mouth upon for probably 45 seconds experiences what looked almost like MASSIVE heat haze but the street was growing and shrinking. I tried to explain what I was seeing to my friend and he replied "weed can't make you hallucinate, quit acting higher than you are" which kind of a little of my high and the sensation stopped.

4. Alrght, You smoke to get high because the worlds got you so low everyone right?

WELL then.. if your comparing getting high and "Tripping" Tripping is like your getting high and then you trip and slam your head into the ground and now everything is fucking crazy!

Get REALLY high.

But youll never "Trip" on weed.

When you trip. Shits Crazy Intense.

5. weed is classified as a psychedelic and a hallucinogen dudes.

6. #66 Verdurous, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    With asterisks saying it doesn't cause hallucinations, but merely enhances the senses.

People have different definitions of tripping. I think that's what we're dealing with here.