Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I've heard of people tripping off weed. Is this a myth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zeusophobia, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Those who say they "Trip" on weed have NEVER tripped on any real Hallucinogens.

2. I want to hit you so hard.

3. "hallucinogen" and "psychedelic" are not synonyms.

4. i have only experienced true tripping with cannabis when I took a well baked brownie and smoked some cyclones before going into this techon/rave type club. lmao. I was freaking the hell out. but i think it was the strobe lights, multicolor lasers, fog, foam, and music that enhanced my high. idk. felt like i took Xpills from hell.

5. I've done about every mainstream psychoactive drug out there: bud, acid, shrooms, x, mescaline, salvia, and even some lesser knowns like 2cb and 2ci. You cannot and will not hallucinate off of weed, and those who say they trip, you obviously have never tripped before. Sure, things may be more vivid, or your imagination may take over a bit more, but it is far from what I would call a trip.
    Before I ever did any of those, I recall a time when I said to a friend of mine that I was tripping off of bud, to which she replied "how do you know? Have you tripped before?" And I said no I hadn't. Now I look back and I realize that I was just really really really really high.
    From this I can surely say that if you haven't, you aren't, you don't and you didn't. We don't know what we don't know, and you won't know until you know

6. I've never tripped on lucy or salvia or shrooms, but i've done x and no tripping there. The closest I've been I think was my first time smoking this synthetic herbal shit called 7h by itself. Two hits and and everything started throbbing, i thought I was gonna die and pass out or something. After I calmed down I was like holy shit, i'm in a cartoon and my friend is a duck and my other friend is a rodent and I can see in 4d and shit. It was pretty cool. I smoked this herbal stuff called headtrip this morning and had a similar experience.

7. After smoking alot, I'l mistake items for other things, or hear things differently, But I wouldn't say I'm tripping.

8. #28 Bros BFo Hoes, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    Those who say you cant "Trip" on weed have NEVER eaten a brownie with a low tolerance.

THC is a serotonergic psychedelic just like lsd, shrooms, mescaline and even xtc. Sure, it is a very mild one. But we are not claiming its like four hits of acid. The effects of high doses of THC are comparable to SOME aspects of a mild shroom trip. There is nothing wrong with using the word "Trip" if that is what best describes the experience.

9. this except im not sure if thc is a serotonergic psychedelic.

10. My girlfriend was smoking with some other girls and one stabbed her with a pencil because "she was a werewolf and the metal in the pencil would kill her." it was a wood pencil :p. That was the only "trip" I've seen from weed.

11. ive gotten really paranoid, but thats about it

12. #32 Bros BFo Hoes, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    You are correct, its not serotonergic. I got that from a bad source. THC has similar actions.However, it is still a psychedelic which falls under the category of hallucinogens. (Which does not mean you hallucinate)

13. Back in the day, kid said after 8 blunts saw something come out his TV..
    hahahaaha.
    Hes a G now.

14. Ok you don't usually "see" things with your eyes open, I mean it's possible and I have but it's more CEVs (Closed Eye Visuals). Close your eyes when your really high. You might see random shit and actually trip. You can have some amazing hallucinations when your high and your eyes are closed. If you really want to trip/ have an out of body experience: listen to Trance music. Close your eyes and focus on the music. Don't move your body and try to be laying down. You will get out of body experiences and trip balls lol.

15. i dont know about feelin like ur on shrooms...but when i was anew smoker i did trip pretty hard on one of the first times i smoked a blunt of dank with 2 other friends....i was pretty gone and had to go sit on a couch cuz i was trippin and almost couldn't keep my balance.i felt like i was floating on the couch for a long time.

16. Yes, it's true.

Anyone who is getting all upitty claiming otherwise doesn't understand how vague the word "tripping" is, or how powerfully good weed can affect people (and not just noobies either.) Not all "trips" come from 5-HT2A agonists, kids.

Of course, that doesn't mean that marijuana is the same as other psychedelics. But you shouldn't even be assuming that all psychedelics are the same as other psychedelics (or even that the same psychedelic is the same on different occasions) in the first place.

The term "psychedelic," like the term "tripping" is incredibly difficult to pin down in any useful way. Many people have made a whole career out of trying, and there is still no complete definition. There never can be.

17. ^^ Anyone trying to say you trip the same or even a little bit of the same off weed compared to something you actually trip off such as shrooms or acid, the feeling is COMPLETELY different!

Shrooms and acid after a few hours to a person can easily feel like they are NOT in control of the drug.. you can actually feel that shit overpowering your brain no matter what you do.... if you havent tripped numerous times before then you have no idea what im talking about... tripping is about actually being able to feel peoples vibes off what they are saying... if you were tripping you could feel a person with a bad vibe when they walked through the door into the group or if they brought up a sketchy topic... you can FEEL things through tripping - also having real distortions in your vision..

when yall say tripping off weed- NO.. ive smoked and still smoke some of the highest grade possible, check out my pickups tell me its not funk.. and i smoke rip after rip after rip after rip I dont TRIP like i do off 3 grams of shrooms to the face....

wheres all my old Pandora's box friends- that know what tripping is!

Comeon, tell them that shroom trip is nowhere CLOSE to being SUPER HIGH and feeling EUPHORIC- not the same!!! the ONLY thing about a shroom or acid trip and marijuana is the awesome body buzz you feel, but other than that these drugs are opposite the shrooms i just wouldnt fuck with if you arent ready for a life and thought changing experiance

18. some people are just too stubborn/close minded to see this. I dont know what kind of weed stayhigh has smoked, but its NOT all about the body buzz. I know what I've experienced on weed, and even though I'm inexperienced when it comes to drugs, I can tell the experience bordered on psychedelic, because I have yet to find words that describe it accurately. It goes beyond "body high" or simply being relaxed or euphoric.

19. So much other drugs in this thread. lol

Like I've said before, tripping basically means really high in the culture I live in now, so yes, you can really high on weed and geek out at stuff. lol It's not hallucinogenic, just mildly psychedelic. Whenever I hear people say it's hallucinogenic, they usually describe to me illusions I can experience not high, so I'm yet to be convinced considering I've also never personally hallucinated on it. I'm also very prone to hallucinations and can't take various prescribed meds because of it, so I feel I should've hallucinated by now if it's truly a hallucinogen. lol I'm sticking with psychedelic.

20. There are three categories of hallucinogenic drugs:

1. Psychedelics (Acid, Shrooms, Mescaline, Weed)
    2. Dissociatives (DXM, Ketamine)
    3. Delirients (Datura and stuff)

Does not include real hallucinations, illusions or seeing stuff that is not there (delirients do though). It is just the category name.