I've got to destroy my garden

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HOLY Roller, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Well thanks to those that helped me along in my endeavor, I cant grow bud anymore.

Story goes like this, I live with my mom and dad, my dad smokes pot my mom doesn't care. I got their permission to grow in my bedroom because I pay rent and have key locks on the doors. My mom and dad seem to have a good marriage, but today I find out that my mom wants to get a divorce from my father, fucked up I know, but I dont want that to happen and weed is not as important as their marriage, especially considering I have a younger brother who I dont want this to happen too. So I've got to destroy these things, because one of the reasons my mom wants a divorce is because my dad smokes pot, which pisses me off a lot because she's always said she didn't have a problem with it before, and now its a problem. so bye bye garden, bye bye all the fucking money I put into this god damn thing, I fucking sold all my bass equipment to fund this project and now I am out a base amp and a shit ton of other gear and a garden.

I just hope my parents stay together

I dont know what to do I feel so fucking empty right now, aside from the nausea

2. maybe you could keept it at a friends house?

3. that sucks man.my parents destoryed my plant.but i didn't put too much cash into it,but it was going well.o well,just need to get your own place.:smoking:

4. I have a feeling your parents' marital issues run deeper than just the issue with pot. I would get each of them alone and just talk with them about it, If they're reluctant to divulge any personal information I would just keep my nose out of it. These issues are between your mom and dad, and do not stem from you; There is no reason to feel guilty.

5. Hey Bro,

Don't blame yourself in any way about your parents divorce. The fact is she was probably waiting for you to get old enough to understand. But like most men you will NEVER fully understand a woman.

Chopping down your garden is not going to solve anything. This is something between the two of them which has come to a head after many years and can no longer be. I doubt very highly this has much to do with your fathers pot smoking. It probably runs much deeper.

I have seen my dad go through 2 divorces and I can tell you that you'll probably see a different side of your father after this is all done (if they go through with it) After my dad got divorced from my step mom 15 years ago we became best friends. It sounds like the same thing will happen with you.

I'm sure you've had a girlfriend that you've broken up with. Love is never easy, not even for parents. You have to realize that you've only got one life to live and if your not happy with it then something has to change.

Try to be happy for your mother for taking charge of her life and embracing the unknown for a chance at happiness. She's probably feeling really bad that she's in this situation where she wants out this much. Parents often stay together for their children and the house becomes a battleground. This is never a good thing.

So the bottom line is, keep the garden, try to understand what your parents are going through and ask them if there is anything you can do.

I doubt very highly they are going to tell you to chop your plants down.

6. Don't be selfish. If your parents aren't into each other anymore let them separate. Chances are your mother has wanted to get a devorce for a long time, but didn't say anything because of you and your brother. Do your parents still sleep together, have sex, kiss each other? Do they have any romance left in their relationship, or are they just together because they're married?

7. damn, that is a bad situation bro.

8. Sorry to hear about that dude. Just keep all the equipment you bought that way you can grow later!

9. Don't destroy it :(. You'll regret it in the long run. Harvest once more, then don't start any new ones.

10. if your mum was cool with it all this time, consented to you havin a plant/plants, then i think your mum is jus usin that as an excuse man...

11. Destroying your garden isn't going to change anything. As others have stated, this was probably a long time coming, much further back then even when you started growing. Don't take it out on your poor girls. Finish the grow, then call it quits.

You will regret it if you destroy them now! You are missing out on a beautiful opportunity!

12. its not that I am destroying my garden because I think it'll save their marriage, my dad told me to take it down, but I am giving them to a buddy of mine who is growing, and I'll get them bud from them so I'm not worried about the weed, I've got that covered. Besides I think my mom is just going crazy and this should all blow over in a few weeks. It just sucks that I have to sacrifice my shit because of it, however if they do split up, I'd probably have to live with her and this dude I think she is cheating on my dad with, so at this point I am angry and worried about what is going to happen, but I can't really say anything about it to them maybe I'll keep them for a few more days and let shit cool down, I don't know.

another thing I just went out and bought a RO filtration system, so I dont know if I should return it or wait it out.

what I am worried about is having my family getting all fucked up, and I dont know why they keep bringing my plants into it, I guess I will talk to them about it see if I cant keep it.

thanks for all the suggestions people

13. Hey HR,

This is the point where I moved out of my house.

How old are you? Can you move in with some friends?

If your pops moves out then you two can get a place and grow till your hearts content. Maybe even have a little competition.

Every door that closes two open.

14. that brutal dude, and how am I being selfish I was ordered to destroy the plants. but you're right they actually sleep in different rooms, because my brother has autism and o.c.d. and sleep in the master bedroom with my dad. about a year back I almost died and was taking really shitty care of myself and that made things tense between everyone in the house, and my dad told me months later when I got better, that my mom had threatened to divorce him when I was really sick. but I really have no idea of why they are fighting now, to be honest I think that they are sick of each other, that seems to happen a lot these days...only time will tell I suppose

15. You should try to keep the plants man. It's good that you can give it to your friend if you need to though.

Worst case scenario, you will have to chop them down and (assuming they're in the vegetative state) you could take the leaves and stuff off and make iso oil with it. Or if they're flowering, you could dry them out earlier. But that's only if your friend can't keep them and you need to get rid of them.

16. I was under the impression that you got rid of your plants because you were trying to keep your parents together just because you want them to be together. You need to consider what's best for them and not what would make you happy.

17. if they do divorce yea u really gotta get rid of the plants quick. cause if they do then ur mom will try and fuck up ur dad in as a revenge or something and snitch on the plants and ur dad will get fucked. cause it in his house. just incase i would get rid of them if u say u can give em to a friend and still get the harvest. good luck

18. I had another thought.

If you can keep gardening, even at a friends house, you should. You are obviously going through a very tough time in your life, and you need something to throw yourself into.

For me, growing Cannabis became an outlet for me to escape to. I was having a lot of relationship and other problems when I first started growing, and I truly believe that my hobby of "growing" carried me through that time unscathed.

Just some food for thought :cool: