I've got an 100.2 degree fever.

Discussion in 'General' started by MihoSayuri, Feb 17, 2009.

1. #21 GrandaddyPurps, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    Pfft i had a 107 at the hospital last week:p

feel better thouugh yo seriously :)

2. dont worry, you wont die. everyone gets fevers.

3. Im sure you know all the remedies already, however, the main element for kicking influenza/common-cold in the ass...

- WATER. I cant stress how important water is! Gallon a day while your sick is good enough. Stay away from sodas, fruit juices with a lot of sugar, coffee, and most importantly, alcohol. Gatoraid is an exception becuase it has a lot of electrolytes which is great for you when your sick but get the G2 version, with less sugar.

4. shit.. thats like brain damage territory....

5. no mom or dad? no one? you where an Orphan?

6. Lets just say, I spent a lot of time alone. Proly like why i enjoy being alone now that im older :)

7. that's all I drink anyway.

8. I read somewhere to put egg whites on your feet to draw down the fever. Use a few eggs for this. Wrap your feet in a cloth that isnt too absorbent and then plastic bags. You may have to do this 2 or 3 times. Wash your feet off every time you reapply the egg whites. Suposedly it should bring the fever down within 30 to 45 minutes depending on how often you reapply. Hope your feeling better. :)

9. since when is a 104 degree temperature life threatening?

10. At my physical today I was at 97.6 :D

11. #31 TheHighLife, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    I'm sure your fever is over by now but just for refrence purposes

dont to this.

Take a shower and start off warm water not hot, warm, and start puttting it colder and colder until you are in a freezing shower, if you go from beign too hot to beeing too cold it could send you bocdy into shock but that probably wouldn't happen in a household shower. So cold shower for a few minutes.

If you were to go to a hospital with a fever higher than 102 they will put ice packs in your bed, over 104 they will stick yo in a tub wih freezing water and ice, cause if not your oragns will start heating up, and start shutting down. SO they have to get them to cool down as fast as possible.

And i know this information cause i was a med student for some time at UF (university of florida) until a few months ago.

12. um, don't get the G2 version. get the regular kind, and water it down yourself. that way, you get two G2's. :D
    gatorade is making a killing off of those. selling what's half water for the same price as gatorade.

13. yeah I didn't think it was right to try and make myself hotter.
    mom's a nurse too, told me that lots of people think that you should put people with fevers in bunches of blankets; but insulating them like that could kill them.

14. I remember when I was 13 or so I got hit with a 104 degree fever, whenever I was that sick my dad had me stay in his room so he could keep an eye on me, and when my temperature peaked I could barely walk so he had to help me undress and get in a freezing cold bath. I'm pretty sure he didn't care about my junk, just preventing me from getting brain damage.

I'm pretty sure she wasn't staring at his dick the whole time, not only is she a mother who's concerned about her son's life, she's also a professional who deals with way weirder shit day in and day out, seeing his dick isn't going to phase her in any way...

either way, that sucks man, I got hit with another 104.6 fever last year in the winter and had to fill up a tub of freezing water for myself and try to bring it down. My body temp managed to drop 4 degrees in under 30 minutes, I've never felt that cold in my life.

15. lolololol orange juice is a myth dude

16. ^not really, you need sugars for the loss of energy, you're sweating out a lot of water, and the vitamins are just good for you.

it's not magical, but it's better than nothing