I've got a problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ryeguy, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Okay, I'm a first time grower in a decent hydro setup, but I seem to have a problem, and I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm growing an unknown strain (unknown to me at least) that I got as clones from a friend. They're begining to lose color in their older leaves, then they turn yellow, then brown and fall off. New growth looks a strong green, but with some slight curl at the tips. I'm not sure what the problem is so I've posted some pictures below. If any of you could tell me how to fix this, that'd be awesome. I've included a basic pic of the system too, if that helps diagnosis.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. no worries, plants can easily do that from thing's like overwatering/underwatering or overfertilizing, but the main thing is the new growth is good, just make sure the problem doesn't escelate and keep good watch and post me back if it continues, ill solve the problem.

3. Your plant definitely has a problem. You say you notice the yellowing on the top, otherwise known as the older leaves? If that's the case you have an immobile element problem. What is the PH of your hydro solution? That is the most important thing to know when dealing with a hydro problem. Check the ph and get back with us.

4. Ya, it was a PH problem, it's all fixed up now, thanks guys.