I've got 10 days left, plants are almost dry, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by highscores, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Just grew chopped my plants down 12 days ago. I decided to just hang the entire plants without clipping any fan leaves just to see if it affected taste. Right now I have 10 days left until I leave town for one week. Today some of the plants got to the point where the fan leaves snap off. Whats a good way to make sure they dont mold in the jar after i take them down if i end up having to take them down one or two days before i leave? Is the fridge a good idea?

2. Make sure you rinse the jars and dry them before you use the jars, but wait untill they buds are just dry enough you can smoke them and the stems just almost crack, a very little moisture to the feel and then put them in the jars. They should not be wet at all. Open the jars every few days, If it smells like ammonia (humid/chlorophyll smell) leave the jars open for a few hours so they can dry out some more if *** NECESSARY *. I personally like to cure mine for ATLEAST 2 weeks, the longer the better. The more flavor comes back the longer its in the jars.