Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ive discoverd the best way to get resin out of a pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by modern-hippy, Dec 20, 2004.

1. I've done that before... just plug up the bowl with your thumb and put the fire from the lighter in the carb hole... or you could cover the carb and put the flame down the "BOWL HOLE" lol

EDIT : YOU WILL BE BREATHING IN BUTANE FROM THE LIGHTER IF YOU DO THIS

2. BUMP. i wanted to bring this thread back up :) as it is very interesting.

3. this sounds like a great way to make the most of your cannabis. for those living with wary parents, use a camping stove and to it outside when the folks are away for an hour

4. The best way I found to clean my steamroller is to leave it in a ziploc bag of water for two days to soak.

5. Is it safe to put a one hitter that has a bit of metal in the microwave for however long it takes to get all/most of the resin out?

6. No metal in microwaves man.

7. #47 Ganjagreen420, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    The part of my one hitter that I'm talking about is only 1~cm^3, so how is putting it in the microwave dangerous? I put the other two parts (they both have a small ammount of metal) in the microwave for five minutes (twice!) and nothing bad happened.

8. 99% iso alcohol with some salt mixed in cuts through resin like a hot knife through butter. anything less than 91% and it will not work as well

9. Tat worked great, thank you!!!!!

Also, I used the water to make tea...I boiled it and poured it over CS' Tension Tamer. It covers the taste, and I really think any Celestial Seasonings tea would work. :smoke:

10. I didn't read all the replies, but does this smell up the microwave? Too bad I can't do this to my one-hitter though since it's made of metal :(

11. Nwdihbcwdiycbiywbciywdbc no clue what to do and high

12. if you use the microwave method, does it get all the resin out of the pipe and into the water or are there glops of resin still sitting in the pipe?

13. it probably gets most of it out.

wouldnt be suprised if some was left.

14. Acetone is a pure compound (2-propanone), it's pretty safe, but it smells SO strong. Don't use nail polish remover. You could also use denatured grain alcohol or vodka. Alcohols evaporate quicker and cleaner. Don't microwave glass cups, they tend to break unless they're big. You may want to simply boil it down in a saucer on the stove rather than microwave. Use hot water to get resin out and carefully dry it off on a paper towel. Don't touch it until it cools down. Thermal expansion can cause damage to most types of glass.

15. double boil the pipe in some type of container that is disposable

16. Maybe its a bad way compared to what you guys do but I just use the sink and a knife and go around the bowl a few times and it makes it look brand new. I wouldn't want acetone anywhere near something that i'm smoking/inhaling...

17. That's why God made Pyrex.;) Also, many of the commercial glass pipes are made of pyrex, so boiling shouldn't be a prob.:D

18. my pipe was like a resin piggy bank of amazingness, and you just helped me smoke its goodness, thanks for posting this! :D

19. did it reek?