Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ive discoverd the best way to get resin out of a pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by modern-hippy, Dec 20, 2004.

1. i like this method the best compared to rubbing alcohol and boiling your bowl etc..i personally dont mind smoking resin so im gettin high while cleaning my bowl at the same time, it uses alot of lighter fluid though but i can always get a new lighter

just cleaned my bowl :)

2. lol sounds like u have experienced this.

3. Tip: when you pour it out use some paper towels as a filter as to not resin up any spoons... plus its slightly quicker

4. #24 cannabinol666, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    after you boil your peice use a strainer , let the resin dry for a couple minuites, flip the strainer over, then take a toothpick and poke the resin through the screen into a plate or bowl. let that dry for about 2 hrs(or dry it on a skillet on your lowest stovetop setting for about 10-15 mins(stir, take it off when it starts to stick) enjoy:D

5. i been doin the 91% thing since i started smokin, the only other way i have seen or used to salvage resin is with hot water...takes a lil longer to dry out but it also works just fine, just fill up a lil tupperware or old bowl with steamin hot water, dip your pipe get it warm so resin loosens up a bit the pull it out with a paper clip or safety pin or something of the sort

6. be careful and don't get it too hot or your piece will shatter

7. i use rubbing alcohol and a handful of salt, then shake reallygood. it always looks new in like 10 seconds.

8. cool method, iv tried the stove top version, i will definitely give your method a try when i clean my piece next time

9. jus throw it on the stove its wayyyy easier to burn yourself doing it in a microwave

10. This worked really well for me too. Once I was dry for like 5 dYs and managed to get high prolly 8 times just hitting the pipe dry. Prolly had a few ounces of smoke out of it over time which I'm sure helped. Bang out the ash each time. I got legit high bunch that way. Like u said, proly not so good for you tho.

11. Fuck yeah, Heath bars rock! Oh, wait...
    My bud-brother used to do the microwave thing. We got a humongous black pearl out of the mini-bubbler he'd gained in a trade, but at the cost of the bubbler:cry: He glued it but it was never the same, and broke for good soon after. After that he decided the stove was much easier to monitor the piece. No more breaking as far as I know.

12. just tried it, and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. put the glass inside of a bowl, so the bowl collects the water and resin that boils over. then i used coffee filters to strain out every little piece of wonderful THC. thanks!

13. I always have just let a bowl sit overnight in some cold or room temperature water. If you don't need the bowlpiece in a serious way, I feel this is the best way to completely protect the bowl from burning/shattering and to avoid nasty chemicals at all. My friend even left his bowl overnight on his windowsill (with the window open) and by morning he picked up the piece and the resing just glopped out, thanks totally to the dew and humidity.

14. i heat mine up with a light of some sort i burnt my hand bad last night by touching my hot glass :smoking: but i got a huge ball of resin what looked like a ball of hash lol

never thought of putting glass in a microwave

15. Terrible idea. It's going to reek for a long time.

16. If you want to clean your piece/grinder while collecting the resin, boil them on a stove/hotplate in 91% rubbing alcohol then take them out when they are clean. Then, continue to boil the black liquid down till you start to smell the resin cooking and all the alcohol evaporate. After this, scrape the pot with a knife or spoon and collect. I would compare the final product to hash oil.

17. For the people who don't want to save the resin.I have found that Rubbing alchohol is the best method. Ive done the boil method my whole life but I found out that if I let my pipe sit in a container of rubbing alchohol for a day and shake it every now and then and finally clean it with running water is the best and cleanest method and theres no smell and 0 resin left.

18. Guess I'm a little late, but how long should you boil it for?

19. The first few times I cleaned my glass bowl I put a kettle on the stove and then poured the water along with the piece into an old tupperware container. It got rid of almost all of the rest and loosened it up enough so that I could just scrape the rest out with a q-tip. I use this is as a backup plan now, in case I don't have any Iso.

20. u guys know peeps who take their finger n cover up the bowls hole that smoke thru n then rip the resin through the carb......saw it a while about but u gotta have a decent amount of resin left thou