Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ive Been Wondering Since 1986

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Grendelking, Sep 5, 2014.

1. #1 Grendelking, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    Back in the year 1986, my brother was able to get me two ounces for $100.00 (how about those prices ?) of some of the best cannabis that I've ever smoked. The only way that I can describe it is that it had practically ever color under the sun within it's wonderful smelling goodness. It had dark green, light green, dark red, light red, dark blue, light blue, dark yellow, light yellow...etc.. I think that you get the idea. Having been used to dirt weed, this stuff rocked my world.
          My friends would ask me what kind it was and I had no clue. I used to just call it Rainbow Weed. Just a few years ago, a connect of mine was able to get something similar. After doing some internet research, I found out that my connect had gotten me some Purple Kush. Does anyone here know what that mystery weed from 1986 was ? Could it have been Purple Kush ? Was Purple Kush even around back in 1986 ?
          On a side note, some of my favorite strains are White Widow and anything grown in a Hydro environment. Even though I've been smoking since 1982, I'm still a big newbie when it comes to the best strains and stuff.

2. It was probably more of a sativa. As far as that goes no one will be able to identify a strain you had almost 30 years ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Na, lots of the varieties back in the days don't really exist any more, since the breeding movement in the 90s, where loads of new breeders were popping up across the world. (think it was the 90s, maybe late 80s)

And that multicolour/rainbow weed sounds great ! :D

4. I remember maui wowie looking like that in the 70's.

5. I have heard of rainbow sinsemilla from Mexico in the 70's (heard from uncles,etc..i was born in 1977) and i saw a strain called kush in the late 1970's so it is possible you got some rainbow colored kush variety ..

6. So I was the luckiest person in the world and got to go to a seminar + dinner with DJ Short. He's the one that created the original Blueberry strain and a ton of other famous strains.

He talked to us about his experience with weed back in the 70's-80's and how most of the time they were getting what they called 'Mafia Loads' which was just dirt weed with a bunch of nasty stuff in it but that's all they could get their hands on until the brotherhood of eternal love starting bringing in different strains from all over the world.

He talked about how they would fly to Germany to rent a Volkswagen van, drive it into Kubul, Afghanistan where they would meet with Hasish Babars to get their hash and bring it back to American.

Alot of these brother ended up goiing to war and that's when they were able to get their hands in the famous Thai sativas like the Thai Sticks

DJ Short said whenever the brotherhood would bring in these strains him and his friends would save up and buy a pound. This is the flower that DJ Short got his original seed collection from that he went on to create Blueberry and Flo with!

You lost likely were smoking on some afghai strain if it was that colorful but during that time so many of the strains were being crossed with Thai sativas!

Heck you might have even been smoking Blueberry itself lol