ive been thinking....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dankNJ, Feb 1, 2009.

1. so i ve been doing my reading and have a question to ask.

My question is that say for example that i let my plant grow for 2-4 weeks into veg.
    Than while still very small and immature in the veg stage put the plant into the 12/12 light cycle to start budding. Would my plant start to bud and have a very small yeild?
    or would the plant still just be to immature to bud. any ideas or general info would be apppreciated thanks

2. Depends on your grow setup and genetics as far as yield goes but you can definitely start 12/12 after 2-4 weeks. Some people put them into 12/12 straight from seed.

I have four plants growing now that were vegged for 30 days from seed and they were almost 2 feet tall by that time. I am two weeks into flower and they are all over 4 feet tall and very bushy....i expect a nice yield.....so absolutely you can flower after 2-4 weeks.

3. i think you misunderstood my question. i meant to say that if i vegged it for 2-3weeks than put it in the 12/12 cycle wouldi get a small plant that buds?

4. Your plant could grow as tall as 3 feet and even yield 2-3-4 ounces under the right conditions.

5. haha great name and picture i used to love playing that game trippin on syd:D

but okay so really id i could just germinate put in veg for short time then put right into 12/12 and i could wind up with a small plant which still has a decent yeild?

but would the time it took to flower take less time or would the the whole process take jsut as long as if i did everything note for note as described in some grow guides.

6. Shortening the VEG cycle is not going to shorten the amount of time it takes to flower. Your flower time differs from strain to strain but you would still be looking at least 7 - 10 weeks in flower IMO. If you search "seed to flower" I bet you will find more than a few examples and pictures of people flowering VERY early.

I would concentrate on getting your space in order first :) What kinda lighting and medium are you planning ?

Thanks for the comment on the name and avatar,,, VERY few I am sure know the relation, I saved the little girls, I should of harvested them :)

7. thank snd haha i was saving all them then my friend came over and being the asshole he is harvested him after elling him not do so lost oout on both set of aceivements haha but iight that was my question

i thought that if i could skip the veg stage and jsut had floweirng stage the overall process could be faster

8. Other than a autoflowering plant, I would not recommend putting a young seedling into flower within a few week from seed, by right you should wait, and switch the plant to 12/12 when it's mature or almost mature.
    No matter what, the plant will still be in vegitive state (12/12 or 24/7) until it shows preflowers, by putting it into flower from seed it will cause it too much stress, and it would be very likely to slow growth and turn the plant hermie. Wait atleast 4 week to switch to 12/12, atleast giving it time to preflower during the first couple of weeks of flowering.

9. true i was just pondering the diffrent ways to go about my grow this year.
    i think im gonna start indoor than transplant to outdoor but want to try to get the shortest plant with highest yeild cause i dont want any nosey neighbors checkingout my garden! i want to keep them short so they dont stand out like soar thumbs but not lose any of the yeild.

also i was mostly asking because i saw some of them bonsai plants and people saying they have plants that dont grow bigegr than a couple inches but will still yeild some decent bud.

10. Would a 100% indica not suit your needs?
    Find one that doesn't have a strong odour.

11. any good susgestions?
    i was looking at that lowryder strain because of the autoflowering feature.
    i really want to try to make the whole process as quick as possible.

also im not sure if the lowryder was 100% indica.

and one more question say if i were to use bagseed. What type of product would come out in the end? i know it would be sensi but would it lack the potency i am striving for?

i will also be growing on a larger scale after i transplant thats why i would like to get some shorter plants with large yeilds.

12. It's very hard to get a strain to stay short outside. I've never grew outside because of my climate (wish i could), if i could, i would be a guerilla gardener.

13. haha thats what i am going for:D
    i am planning on growing about 20-30 plants but i have a large enough space where i can thats why i was trying to find short plants with a large yeild

this is kinda of a cashcrop grow but i would rather have better dank nugs than qaunity for sure.

and you got an opinion on bagseed?

14. You have a lot more reading and learning to do before you try anything large scale.

If by "sensi" you mean sinsemilla, bagseed is not automatically sensi, not sure where that notion came from.

Lowryder definitely is not 100% indica, the autoflowering trait comes from crossing with ruderalis.

Mr. Bubbles is right, the flowering time is set largely by genetics and should be unaffected by how long the plant was vegged.

You can get a decent yield from a plant put into flowering very early. But to do so you takes a little more skill on your part. Or, to put it another way, if you veg a plant out fully, especially if you top, fim, and/or LST (or scrog), you will have so many budsites that if you just keep the plant healthy through flowering then the yield will pretty much take care of itself.

So a little bit of patience will go a long way. A couple more weeks really isn't that much in the scheme of the overall timetable, but vegging for a minimum of 4 weeks is about the most fool-proof way to boost your yield. Worth it.

Look into Northern Lights, it's a short, potent, hardy strain and in some phenotypes also is low odor. Indica-dominant. Takes well to training/topping. Relatively short flower time, usually 8-9 weeks.

15. true thanks man!
    ive been reading for almost 2 years on the best ways and compiling my own grow guide i guess you could say. I grew a couple plants last year and came out with a good smoke but like you said, i think if i waitied for the thc glands to turn a little more brown i would have a smoother toke. i also didnt have the maginifer like i jsut recenlty purchsed from that 420scopes or w.e it is called