Ive been smoking this for months, what is it?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by zq8s10, Feb 16, 2016.

1. It's like am E cig, it has a slim battery that I screw the mouth piece on that has a vial that I put an oil in. Originally, the oil came named with different strains, and said it was a Co2 oil, and would have the percentage of thc content. Now it's just been coming in a sealed patch that says for medical use only.

This is a rare find where I live, but a guy my friend knows has been getting it to me, but has been becoming less reliable lately. What is it? I have to let him know days in advance when running low, because he has to get it mailed to him.

I've been on the city almost 10 years now, so if anyone could edjucate me or help me out shoot a DM.

If anyone can just tell me what the he'll it is, that would be great. I usually pay $60 for a vial like you see in the picture. I paid $40 for the pen. One vial usually fills the pen, and lasts me about 4-5 days. I really have to wear the pen out slow pulling back to back to get it hot enough to smoke. It seems that I need a better pen, but don't even know what it is or is made for...

Attached Files:

2. Vape pen and and you your smoking hash oil

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

3. could you enlighten me a little more? I thought there was a difference in hash oil, and co2 oil? And cape pen is a pretty broad term as well when trying to find what type of pen this is, so I can purchase a stronger one..

4. The difference is the way of extracting. It's like coffee, you can French press or cold brew. I'm pretty sure you have a disposable hash oil pen. These "vials" he's buying you is the co2 oil that is meant for one time use. Like a disposable camera

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. well I can pop the top off the pen, and refill using the vials that I bought, if that clears it up. Its just the pen isn't getting hot enough.

Any idea where he's ordering the refills from? Is there a way I could make my own oil for that pen? Hes getting hard to get in contact with, and I've grown used to the pen and love it...

6. I have the same pen but no brand name on it! Super easy to refill once you get the process down.
    First decarboxylate your bud to turn all the thca into active thc
    Then store in a mason jar with the 190 proof grain alcohol sitting about an inch above the ground bud. I use Culinary Solvent instead of Everclear since it just ships through FedEx and it's easier.
    Sit it in the dark for up to 48 hours.
    Strain all the liquid into another mason jar leaving as much solid material out as possible.
    Store the jar with the tincture in the freezer for 48 hours to separate remaining solid material, strain again into another jar, then you want to let the jar and content warm to room temp on its own.
    Then you want to make a water bath out of a pot on the stove with the mason jar inside and just halfway up the jar fill the pot with water and bring to just below a boil until the alcohol has solvent has evaporated.
    This should leave you with a nice dark oil (should be around a gram for every 3.5 of flowers you use).
    Add 1 mL of 100% pure pg for every gram of oil and heat in the stove in the same way as before for 5 minutes to blend the oil and pg well, then just transfer to a dropper bottle to protect from light.
    Let me know how it goes!

7. This is very useful, thank you.

I notice this oil is A LOT thicker than the oil I use for my real vape pen, so what's the difference? This stuff is like cold honey, so how would I get that into the drippers, and how would I know which pens I can use to smoke it with? Because I would never put something that thick in my real vape pen (mod box) that I used to stop cigarettes.

I'm assuming if I'm only doing 1-3 grams at a time, I could almost get away using baby food jars to make this concoction?

8. The consistency is based on how much PG you use. If you find it to be super thick and gunky just add a drop of PG at a time until you reach a level you think your pen can handle.

9. #9 zq8s10, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    http://mintyvapes.com/products/vc-agent-7x-vape-pe...
    I finally found the pen I use. What's the difference between these and a regular oil pen with nicotine? My vape pens oil is really thin, like olive oil. My "weed pen" ( what I've been calling it)oil is thicker than honey... I'm sure I couldn't burn it in my regular cape pen...
    I still feel clueless as to what it is. I've grown before, and used 99% Rubbing alcohol to make some blonde louder once, and used that to spice up my blunts; but this is new to me. I will get some mid grade stuff to make my first batch to make sure it goes well, and I'll stick it in my pen and see how it goes once I get this figured out...

It says this is for wax, but it has a string coming into the chamber that looks like it's made to absorb oil, and that is what I use is this oil for it...

10. I missed that last comment, so I could use this in a regular pen, I would just need to add more PG? I dont get why my thc oil is so thick then, and how this little pen smokes it, when my big pen will not....

11. Bump: I've mixed some PG and am waiting anxiously to get home and try it in my sub ohm tank.

Does anyone know about this pen? I found it online and it says it's a wax pen, but clearly it's refillable, and has a wick. The only wax I've seen was like candle wax, and wouldn't stand a chance traveling thru the wax.

Do you the the oil I'm buying Is straight hash oil without any PG added? I bought it and it comes with the pen. If I add PG it's obviously diluting the potency, so if I are my own vape oil for the sub ohm tank. It would be less valuable. I'm thinkin of making some hash oil, and mixing with a tank full of PG and testing the quality. My concern is the sub ohm tank may be too hot and ruins the potency all together? That's why I keep asking about the pen..

12. "Iv been smoking this for months...... What is it?" That made me LOL

13. But those are oil cartridges from the dispensary. Good find my friend. Although I don't like dabbing from a pen if u have never tried an oil rig I definitely recomend it it's much more of a heavy high than the pen will give u the pen is good for being able to function well while being high
    Don't get me wrong though it's all about what u prefer my dad LOVES the high from the pen over anything else.

14. #14 TheDankBank, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
    No do not put it Inside ur nicotine, ecig. Ecigs have coils, that have cotton (probobly organic japanees cotton) in them, the oil from weed will gunk up that coil an ruin the coil, an possibly make ur cotton burn up.
    The weedpen, doesnt have the cotton coil, so it will not gunk it up like how it will in the sub ohm ecig.
    Nicotine just happens to be less sticky, and more oily like. Pg and Vg go together with nicotine for ur ejuice, im not sure which one but I think VG is thicker than PG and ejuice companys blend the two like 65/35, 50/50, ect ect, to more fit your ecig. So the ejuice is thinner and more runny, and well no weed oils so it's not as thick.
    DONT PUT WEED OIL IN UR ECIG THAT U USED TO QUIT CIGS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

15. thanks. I believe the pen I had was old, because I got another one like it, and the oil is blowing clouds now. If I'm not careful or self aware, I can hit to the point I get the spina. Maybe it's this new batch of oil, but previously I did just get a light head high. Recently I've been getting super stoned. I love this pen.

So when I awake my own hash pil, should I make it using the process mentioned above? And just not mix any PG or VG at all?

and what wouldo the pen I have above be called in general? I ask because if like a more expensive better quality pen, but amy scared I'm going to order something that will not work

16. The pics wont load for me anymore but if I remember it correctly then I would say a oil vape pen. Vape pen is a broad term, but they only vaporize stuff so no other term besides What ur going to be vaping is what there called. Unless u buy a big brand name vape like a pax or a volcanoe, or even a cloudv. The name should be printed on the device or device package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

17. They make disposable tanks that you fill up and throw away when empty. Yeah m sure you can get them easily online or at a vape or pipe shop I’d look into those...the oil is like pine sap to me...thick and sticky as hell, won’t wash off easily! I just use a 510 battery on the lower setting. It was $10 with the charger. I was told not to hold the button down until it turns orange and is on a hotter level that it has to be the lower temp (white button) and to only hit it for 5-8 Seconds otherwise you can burn the oil and ruin or waste it. I saw kits at my local pipe shop the other day that were $20 had the battery, charger and empty tank...they were pretty stylish for the $, I’ll probably get one eventually. I just buy prefilled carts now but one day I’d like to learn to make my own. I’d have to figure out if it’s worh it first!