Ive been in jail for a week (out on bail) Im worried

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenland42, Aug 1, 2013.

1. #1 Greenland42, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    Apparently I could be looking at a number of years in Jail. Just last week I went to a friends property in the country and he can never get good weed so I giving him a large amount of buds form Northern California. A friend of mine was also coming and he brought an m4 carbine so we could shot some stuff at the property. Well I got pulled over for music playing too loud in Huston, Texas. I had the M4 in the trunk bagged up.  The guy happened to be a K-9 unit officer (the chances of getting the K-9) and he said that the car smelled of marijuana and I am sure it didn't at all. He got the dog out and the dog smelled the QP so they searched the vehicle. The guy asked if I had any weapons and I said "no". Well the guy finds the gun and freaks out, he says "what the fuck is this?" holding an M4. I get detained right there lots of police show up and they run the gun. It turns out to be un registered and it had an illegal attachment.... :eek: I didn't know that. I get put into the car the guy takes my ID more officers search the car and they find the QP. Set it on the hood. The guy then tells me that I am going to jail and could be looking at a big sentence. I got my court date set in a month. Just today I got out on bail thankfully I have some friends that helped me out.

Now I am super freaked out. I had a green card but it doesn't mean shit out of state. Plus I got tagged with the unregistered assault rifle with illegal attachments. Jail sucked and I am scared, they seemed really stern and thought I was gang affiliated or some shit. My friends dad is a very good lawyer and is going to be with me in court.    

I need to here some advice on what to do because right now I am worried, I can't even sleep. 

2. #2 Kuollut, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Driving from Northern California to Houston with a QP just cuz your friend cant find any, and an M4 just to shoot some stuff on the property. Sounds legit

3. Well first I'd stay away from smoking until after court, see if you can get a plea bargain, be on best behaviour, and hopefully get out on parole early. I think this is serious.

Or go to Russia.

4. #4 Greenland42, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013

It was a road trip, this was a homie from high school and I hadn't seen him for a year and a half. I was also getting payed extra  just to get it to him. We were planning on staying a week or so and just have a good road trip. It was stupid and I will never travel with any amount of weed over a couple grams again. Police scare me. If I knew the gun wasn't registered and had illegal stuff I would have never allowed that shit in my car. 

I almost want to flee to Canada, but I wont. Im that freaked out man. 

5. what an odd reason to get pulled over though, loud music? what even?

6. Man you had music playing loud when you know you're riding dirty. That's kinda asking to be pulled over. I don't know how the legal system goes but take the plea deal my man. Whens the trial?

7. Flee to Canada
    Flee to mexico

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Loud Music? What Is This FootLoose?!
    4real though, your kinda fuck'd. like you said your greencard doesn't mean shit in another state.
    plus "drugs" and guns dont mix. In the eyes of the law, your a out of state drug dealer packing a M4 looking to paint the town red.
    Plus i heard texas is tough of drug and weapons charges
    I feel for your situation but i would have sent him some seeds and told him to grow his own QP

9. music too loud means noise ordinance and most citys have them...can't believe people don't know that....they can get you for too loud exhaust/car, music the whole 9...

10. #10 aPersonUponaHill, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Pay your lawyer before you go to court.

11. well sorry but your dumb as fuck riding with that much smoke and a fucking ar15.

second, what attachment was illegal in texas? :confused_2:

12. is your friend thecoolest420?

13. I know somebody in a similar situation...brought an elbow to the midwest from cali and got narc'd out. He's doing just under 3 years....probably out in less than 18 months with good behavior.

You had a QP so you'll get a lesser punishment...but you will probably do time. Hate to break it to you. Crossing state lines with a QP wasn't very smart 

14. Don't come to Canada. They'll extradite you straight to the US. South America is your better chance.

15. You're going to get sentenced to at least 18 months...best case scenario.

16. hes got gun charges too

17. #17 John Adams, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
    Man good luck to you bro

For anyone else, if you are ever in a similar situation, I suggest that you admit to the cop that you have a gun and a qp, if op did this he coud have explained that the gun was not his and why he had it, otherwise the cops will assume the worst. It may not help a lot, but anything will help, it might lower your sentence a little, and you wouldn't be able to get away with either of those anyway, if he is searching your car, especially with a dog.
    (Unless it is safely hidden etc. use common sense based on situation)

18. Fucking cartels ruining it for everyone else.

19. You're fucked, man. Lawyer up and hope for the best.

Even if you're completely telling the truth, you messed up big time.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

20. Ya no matter what your fucked.

I had a buddy get a year and a half cause he had a police baton sitting in the backseat of his car.

and this was in the South Bay in SoCal..