I've become shy

Discussion in 'General' started by averagetoker, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Used to be way more outgoing when I first started smoking, over a year ago. Now, when I have to speak in public after smoking some weed, I get shaky and I feel like I've become shyer in terms of speaking to a group since I've began smoking. Around my friends, I have no issues.

2. I kind of had this problem for a while, I just told myself to keep going through it and that they arent judging me. If you act more sociable people tend to be more sociable to you, then you just get more comfortable with them quicker. at least in my experience...

3. Why do you think that is? Do you believe they are judging you?

4. I would have to say I'm the exact same way but only when I'm high. Now that I've started tokin again I would really rather not go anywhere and if I do I'm very shy and quiet. For me, it's because I'm always in deep thought about some random stupid ass shit that is virtualy useless lol.

But when I'm not high I would have to consider myself pretty damn ballsy. :smoke:

5. yes, the more i smoke the more anxiety i get in social situations even if im not high at that particular moment....it's because the weed is still in my system.

6. I was really shy until I got a job where I had to talk to hundreds of strangers a day and had to be nice to them.

7. #7 weebietheweed, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011

I don't really agree with this... It might still be in your sysetem but you are not feeling the affects... therefore I do not see how it could truly affect you.

I suppose if you have severe anxiety it could affect you but if you have severe anxiety you should not be smoking in the first place...

This too. I've only had customer service oriented jobs so yea I would have to say this has had an impact on my social behavior, especially around strangers.

8. you've gotta be kidding me man......If you smoke for years on end, are you telling me that the day after you decide to quit that you are back to feeling like the same exact person before you started smoking before all those years? Why do you think people report feeling "refreshed" and "clear-headed" after a long tolerance break? That is because the weed was slowly getting out of their system.

The FACT is is that there are long term effects of weed, just like ANY drug.

If that doesn't sway you, then all i have to say is that my experiences are my own, and i definitely feel the after effects of weed up to DAYS after the smoke session. Maybe i am just very conscious of my body and what alters it.

9. when i am high, i am more outgoing with those i know and less with those i don't.

10. Yeah fo sho. When I'm around people I don't know, I'll just be thinking about about stupid/useless stuff/thinking I figured stuff out that has already been figured out. But when I'm with my friends I say stupid/useless stuff/thinking I figured shot out that has already been figured out and the occasional activity.

Idk, if someone came up to me that I didn't know while high, I'd be able to talk to them. But being blazed, I just don't care enough to start a conversation with some random person.

11. Yeah, I get really shy and nervous after I've smoked and I'm in public. Especially up at my community college recently. I don't like feeling that way because when I'm high and I talk my words sometimes come out slurred or my voice might crack, so I'll try to talk as little as possible even though I want to communicate sometimes. It wasn't always like this, so it's a psychological thing that I feel I have to overcome.

12. thats me... .i would love to talk to the stranger, but shoot man... i'm in my own world here. unless you come on over into my world, i probably won't engage. and just know that as you begin to interact, i am not listening. i am just sizing you up to figure out how to break in the topic with weed....

13. yea... i mix my words up and use the wrong words to describe stuff... i think its because i have a large vocabulary, but a horrible memory...lol (makes sense to me)

14. I got shyy to just for people ive never met before...im afraid there not comfortable about me smoking, im usally always high soo i just stay quiet so they dont know :( kinda sucks for meeting girls

15. [quote name='"thatguythat"']

thats me... .i would love to talk to the stranger, but shoot man... i'm in my own world here. unless you come on over into my world, i probably won't engage. and just know that as you begin to interact, i am not listening. i am just sizing you up to figure out how to break in the topic with weed....[/quote]

Hahaha hell yeah. I found a couple good business partners doing that lol.

The way I see it is fuck it, if you dont smoke and don't like that I do, then why are you talkin to me.

16. easy with girls.... the hotness supersedes all the things going on in my brain that occupies my mind. sorry girls... i am just being honest. i may fumble over my words a bit, but i can't live with myself if i don't go say something stupid... doesn't really matter what you say, just make sure that by the third thing you say, there better be a compliment. and not some cheezy "nice shoes"... i better not get into that. i want to open up a real life "hitch"....

17. im the opposite, well not really, im pretty outgoing sober but i'd say im funnier, goofier, and a bit more outgoing when im high.. i used to feel social anxiety before but thats because it concerned me that people might be staring at me and thinking i was high but at this point i just do not give one fuck about it and ive come to the conclusion that people will not think youre high unless theres a suspicion.. ive seen so many people with red eyes due to allergies and contacts and the first thing i thought wasnt "damn hes high as fuck"

all u gotta is do just act normal when youre high, dont think weed will change the way you act, use it productively instead of letting it fade you in the background, youre happy as fuck because u just blazed, enjoy it and act like you want to share your happiness with the world :smoke: lol