I've always wondered.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Disequillibrium, Mar 29, 2011.

1. So, I've always wondered why having uninterrupted light/darkness for plants is so crucial.. Like, I hear that it can fuck the plant up to the extent that it would be male or hermie when it would have otherwise been female. Could I get an in-depth, elaborate answer? It would be immensely appreciated.

Also: I still have uninterrupted darkness and light, no worries there. xDD

2. I may not be a pro but I think that its best to have no light leeks. but think about outdoor grows don't all plants get hit by moon light? In fact moon light is sun light . Its best indoors not to leek light because it makes the flowering happen in more of an abrupt way. Think about it like this if you were sleeping on your bed and I came in and turned your lights on every 20 mins you wouldent sleep well would you. The flowering prosess will take place faster and be more noticeable then if you confused them with leeks. I guess what I want to say is I don't think that any small leeks will make hermies or more males inless they're stressed hard as it is. I am for sure blazed right now so if ot makes lil sens what I just said I'm sorry

3. It all has to do with pytochrome... Phytochrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pytochrome is used to trigger flowering. Pytochrome comes in 2 forms called Pr and Pfr. Pfr converts to Pr during the dark period. It takes 10-12 hours of darkness for Pfr to turn into Pr. If the plant senses enough Pr, the plant flowers. Pr instantly turns back into Pfr when it's hit by red light, so a whole night can be fucked by just a moment of light.

-Loki