ITT post reasons why marijuana should be legal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Nima420, Aug 8, 2012.

1. This kind of goes hand in hand with my contemplations topic (in this sub-forum as well). I'm trying to make a list of all the reasons marijuana should be legal. Whether pain, psychological/emotional, sexual, recreational, big, small, personal stories/experiences. Doesn't have to be a reason like "cops wouldn't get me in trouble" could be a personal anecdote or causal reason. I'm going to track it all down and make a list for personal and other reasons.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Safer alternative to alcohol imo

It's a god damn plant- don't tell me I can't grow one

Can be used for many remedies. Better than pharmaceuticals imo

It promotes peace amongst people (at least in my experience- minus black market)

3. 1. Adults should have the right to choose what they put into their body.

Needing any other reasons, this day and age. Completely appalling.

4. Fuck all that...where is the Environmental Protection Agency at??? They have protests and lawsuits when the gov tries to cut down a tree...but, when it comes to the marijuana tree, the word is hush...

there is only 1 reason why it should be legal: IT IS A FUCKEN PLANT!!! like roses and oak trees and maple trees and the grass in my front lawn.

When people stated smoking weed, they shoulda kept their mouth shut about it getting them high then the gov wouldn't have a reason to outlaw it....

5. Look up the % of arrests that are because of cannabis. It's ridiculous...Our tax dollars have to pay for that...

Also, If legal and taxed it would boost the economy and add jobs. Look up cannabis revenue if legal.

6. The government has no reason to be involved in our personal lives....The only time that police/feds should be involved is if someone is hurting others or stealing...that's it.

it amazes me that the only thing that changed in 500 years is technology. people will still try and burn others at the stake over disagreements/lack of understanding...why can't we be happy and live our lives?

7. My new List has 840 pages of reasons why cannabis must be legalized! Little things like these-

Marijuana Ingredient May Help Alzheimer's (news - 2005)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Ingredient May Help Alzheimer's

[/FONT] Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells
    (news - 2007) Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Compound Offers Hope In Diabetic Retinopathy Prevention (news – 2006)
    Marijuana Compound Offers Hope In Diabetic Retinopathy Prevention ( A compound in marijuana has been found ...)

Cannabis Compounds Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections (MRSA) (news - 2009)
    Cannabis Compounds Reduce Multi-Drug Resistant Infections | Business Wire

Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) (news - 2007) AAMC: Cannabidiol may be effective in preventing bovine spongiforme enzephalopathy (mad cow disease)

If you would like a copy of my List to read about all the other reasons, send me an email (bottom of my sig)! :yay:

Granny :wave:

8. In my humble opinion, this issue isn't about marijuana itself, this issue is about the federal marijuana prohibition. The prohibition causes far more harm than good and should be ended!

Even the most rudimentary cost-benefit analysis would find that the prohibition causes far more harm than good, and it's illogical for us to have *any* policy on our books that causes more harm than good. We'd all be better off just getting rid of it!

How can the federal government justify the 10,000 brutal murders that are caused by the prohibition every year when it doesn't even prevent children from getting marijuana?

And how can they justify keeping marijuana illegal when marijuana's FAR safer than alcohol and could be used to prevent a great deal of the violence, disease and harm currently caused by alcohol by just allowing people to legally substitute marijuana for alcohol?

9. how bout the FACT that it is the single most usefull plant in all of existence?

10. THC cures cancer. How the fuck can that be illegal.

11. wrong wrong wrong

The OTHER active compound, cannibidiol (CBD) is the cancer CURE

12. [quote name='"lalaman33333"']

wrong wrong wrong

The OTHER active compound, cannibidiol (CBD) is the cancer CURE[/quote]

THC causes apoptosis in cancer cells.