ITT: people who usurp medical marijuana legislation...

Discussion in 'General' started by Internetz, Jan 16, 2012.

1. … and the punishments that should befall them.

1. People who usurp medical marijuana legislation only provide fodder for anti-marijuana legislators "SEE!? We made pot legal now kids are just smoking more! Rabble-rabble!"

being caught with medMJ without a permit should land you much heftier punishment than if you're just caught with a j out on your own

Also, medMJ should be more regulated to prevent this.

Thoughts?

2. People do this will pills too.

What should we do with them?

3. Most excellent point.

Should someone who got caught with Desoxyn or Adderall, be punished worse then someone caught with a equal amount of meth or amphetamine?

4. How about weed should be legal in general unless you're under 18..

5. Yes.

6. What about people like me who aren't eligible for medical cannabis and need it to survive? What I don't understand is if the doctors are in charge of my health then why aren't they helping me? Why do we even have doctors in the first place then?

By the way, I choose my health over my ass anyday.

7. Inderrasting.

I'm curious as to why?

8. Cause I dont want people who have them illegality to rape and pillage my village. If they legitimately need it, then its okay. ;)

9. call me a dumbass, but wtf is usurp? ???

10. I would go ahead and say, "the same".

It's not an accurate analogy, people get busted worse for having meth than medical amphetamines.
    "Equal amount" also doesn't pan out, the various degrees of possession are different for the two drugs, unless you're talking about having any at all...

11. Pretend I said abuse. ;)

12. No one on Earth legitimately needs amphetamines though. They have absolutely no true medical value. Unless of course you think using speed to improve your attention span, is a "medical use".

Im still confused as to why someone without a prescription for Rx dexsoxyn/adderall, should be punished more harshly then someone with a street form of meth or amphetamine?

13. It's an institution meant to help people (whether or not it satisfies that role is the subject of another debate) taking advantage of that is like taking the change out of "kids with cancer" jar.

It's ethically and sociably deplorable IMO, that's why I think it deserves a more sever punishment.

14. I know people get punished worse for government unauthorized methamphetamine. Then the wonderful and perfectly ok methamphetamine produced by pharm companies.

Of course they add alot of binders to pills, and you have to take that into consideration. But Ill tell you what, you can get higher off 50mg of adderall, then you can get off 50mg of 95% of the meth you can buy illegally.

When I say "a equal amount". Lets just say where talking about roughly the same amount to get roughly the same effects. Nitpicking on weight because of pill binders and impurities is kinda pointless.

I just was curious as to why he thinks people with Rx speed, should get more harshly punished then people with illegally produced speed.

15. Now see, I think adults taking away the neurotoxic/addictive prescribed amphetamines from kids, is a good thing.

I think refusing to let a kid take speed is quite a honorable thing to do.

16. Like I said, it takes advantage of of an institution that's supposed to (that "supposed to" part is the only real caveat here) help people.

Getting caught with illicit substances is bad, but lying about needing it is the icing on the cake.

I'm not saying lower the other sentencing or whatever.
    Get caught with a drug you're not supposed to have, get punished. But tack on a few more months for lying about having a legitimate (in the law's view) excuse for it, when people (again, to the law) actually do.

I literally almost couldn't finish typing this, I'm bushed...

17. #17 InhaledGold, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    I couldn't understand half of what was wrote. I think marijuana should be decriminalized and regulated as much as tobacco or alcohol. People are going to smoke it either way, no matter what the consequences are because to us there's nothing wrong with what we're doing. There's a good chance that it will be up to the state to regulate marijuana after the next election because a lot of candidates support it and some want to get rid of federal penalties. No more raids on dispensaries but this could all be bullshit to gain support.

Edit: Just saw your last post. I think that's dumb to punish people for lying about it. A lot of people are forced to lie and deal with criminals to get their drugs or even medication in some cases because of the absurd laws that are put in place by our government. The war on drugs is a wasted effort and it'll never be won.

18. What the fuck?

19. I say, does my lexicon confound you, my dear chap?
    lol
    [​IMG]

20. I'm not coming at this as some part of the war on drugs (which I agree is asinine and going no where, ever) I think what I'm talking about is fraud. yeah, that sounds like a better word.