its windy as shit should i put my babies outside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WilliamHBonneey, May 3, 2013.

1. so i kinda need a answer on this within the next hour or so...
    i have my lights set on a 18 hour cycle and its set to turn off within the next 52 minutes however its windy as fuck out side should i put them outside for a few hours to strengthen the branches then put them inside later tonight so that they catch the light cycle? or just leave them out all night until i take them in later in the day its in the mid eighties where i live right now and i usually take my babies out for a few hours to enjoy the sun then back inside to the lights later in the day? they're approx. 4 inches high and were just topped yesterday...any help will be greatly appreciated thanx

2. I would say no, just leave them inside.
    Strong winds can ruin the baby's.
    I would just put a fan on them for a while each day if u want to strengthen the stems.
    It's hard to keep an eye on wind sometimes. a huge gust of wind could just knock em all over:(

3. yeah i understand i have them in like clay/adobe pots but they get some strong gusts during the day when i put them outside....well thanx dude i was just wondering cause its pretty windy and they say outdoor you should get the branches as strong as you can

4. u could always brace them stems with drinking straws if your really worried about the wind, it will help them from totally being knocked over.

5. [quote name='"tweakz"']u could always brace them stems with drinking straws if your really worried about the wind, it will help them from totally being knocked over.[/quote]

I've had the whole pot itself tip over from wind. Knocked a lot of soil out, sucked pretty bad. Although the seedling survived it stunted te growth for over a week.
    Straws are great for keeping the stalk of the plant from bending/breaking.

Also the temperature change could shock the plants slightly. Considering most grow rooms stay fairly warm for a little after lights off, and it's Probally fairly cold at night right now. An instant 10-20 degree temp change isn't natural in a minute:p