It's unfortunate, it makes me sad (420-Disapproval)

Discussion in 'General' started by eo!420, Jul 27, 2008.

1. I just met this chick online and we chatted, txted and met for drinks. We went to a chic wine bar, we started to connect. Tonight she invited me to a bbq and we were having a great time. After a few hours, I got a txt and she said jokingly, "That your wife?" (I'm not married). So flirtingly I said "No, that's the guy I buy weed from." And then everything changed.

Right then, immediately, she changed. She was totally distant and not looking at me. This is still at this bbq, mind you. So we're sitting not 3 feet away and texting back and forth, and I'm trying to figure out what the fuck just happened. Turns out that she used to lead a much darker life and having made it through it alive, she's now on a different path, and that includes a life without drugs, in any way, shape or form.

So here I am. I like smoking pot. I have my own questions about smoking, been smoking some 10 years now, almost every day. But I'm more or less ok with it. And I was seriously bummed out that this chick, who I met randomly and was really starting to connect with -- and her, me -- and then, cold, distant, nothing. Because I smoke a plant, in my home, at night. Big fucking deal. Icould be so much worse, you know?

But I respect her boundaries -- I have to; I want her (and everyone) to respect mine. She's had a bad history and drugs of varying sorts have colored her vision; but I'm not her past. I'm the present, and not like her past. More than anything, it made me sad because I wouldn't judge someone like that; she's been feeling closer and closer so I know it's the weed (and she basically said so).

I could love a girl like her. And yet. She and I have diametrically opposed views. Core views. Critical views, even. I just wanted to vent, you know, to scream and run and say WHY and IT'S NOT FAIR and all that BS.

2. that makes me sad as well
    i too lived a darker life in my past with plenty of drugs as well, but im still smokin herbs
    "ganja is the medication, ganja is the cure"