It's Time To Declare Peace In The War Against Drugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Oct 19, 2011.

1. It's Time To Declare Peace In The War Against Drugs
    FORBES / Doug Bandow / 10,18,2011

Americans like to style their nation as the land of the free. Yet the government is engaged in a war on its own people. The misnamed Drug War.

As Prof. Douglas Husak of Rutgers pointed out:
    The war, after all, cannot really be a war on drugs, since drugs cannot be arrested, prosecuted, or punished. The war is against persons who use drugs. As such, the war is a civil war, fought against the 28 million Americans who use illegal drugs annually.
    As Nobel Laureate Milton Friedman argued:
    We need not resolve the ethical issue to agree on policy. Prohibition is an attempted cure that makes matters worse for both the addict and the rest of us.”
    I usually post the whole story,,time for a change,,besides,,when Forbes and rich people start wanting in on the money from marijuana,it will become legal,,and now corporations,,ones that could care less if big Pharmacy loses money,are becoming interested,,or it wouldn't be in Forbes magazine.

The article is four pages and the comments are worth the extra click [​IMG]

here or the title link :p

2. Nice find. I will read this asap, and pass it on to my friends and family.

Thank you for sharing.

3. #3 revix, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
    I 100% agree with your statement, corporations influence the government all too often. When you control the money you have power; lobbyists for example. Marijuana legalization is coming pressure from companies that want in on the profit will act as if a catalyst.

The fact that Forbes magazine is running this is proof of such.

"ends gained by contemporary means

4. And this is the second or third article on the subject that I've seen recently in Forbes. Articles like this are what keep me positive about legalization. I know the recent rise in threats and raids shine a negative light on our efforts, but I look at them a bit differently. They remind me of a spoiled child who's not getting their way. So they have to cry, and stomp their feet, and tell everyone that all cannabis smokers are doodie heads...like 3 year olds. If their efforts weren't wasting thousands of taxpayer dollars, and ruining lives, the situation would almost be laughable.

5. i like this idea ''Give Peace a Chance''

6. #6 Deleted member 89359, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    this article lumps Cannabis users in with the lot of illegal drug users period

i agree with it, but just something to note.

Edit: ALSO, Cannabis/Hemp Prohibition is entirely different than "the war on drugs"

THIS IS A WAR ON THE COMMON MAN, ITS A WAR ON HEMP

7. basically saying, alot of americans are on 'drugs' and its here to stay so quit trying to arrest the people that dont partake in the criminal aspects of the game??